SRE Data Scientist
- Job Number: 112953703
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: 30-Aug-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
Are you driven by uptime and performance? Do you love end-to-end technology operation challenges? Do you love scaling things at an incredibly fast pace ? With a Core Mission of helping Maps Infrastructure scale, Maps SRE Data Scientist works in both the development and the SRE worlds, mining and analyzing data from both the Application and the Infrastructure side of Maps to plan, prepare and aid in decision making at all levels. We're looking for a true hacker - you'll work as much in bash as Python,Ruby, R and you’ll drop into some SQL now and then to run queries against a hadoop cluster. You understand that the tool or a language is only a means to the end goal. You’ll leverage Tableau, plotly or any of the analytics tools to create visualizations that help drive our strategies and decisions.
- 5+ years of Scripting with one of these languages (PHP, R, PYTHON).
- 5+ years of SQL experience.
- Experienced with packages such as NumPy, SciPy, pandas, scikit-learn, dplyr, ggplot2.
- 5+ years of data mining / analytics.
- Preferred Qualifications
- 2 plus years of industry or graduate research experience.
- Hands-on experience with datasets (i.e. data extraction, cleaning, analysis and presentation).
- Experience with Tableau or Plotly.
- Demonstrated ability to provide insights from data sets.
- Understanding of statistics and optimization techniques.
Leverage data and business principles to solve large scale web, mobile and data infrastructure problems. Work cross functionally to define problem statements, collect data, build analytical models and make recommendations. Build and maintain data driven optimization models, experiments, forecasting algorithms and capacity constraint models. Leverage tools like R, PHP, Python, Hadoop & SQL to drive efficient analytics. Communicate and Present final recommendations and drive decision making.
Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Management Science).
Experience at a large scale internet property Experience with Content Delivery Networks and configurations Willing to be assigned an overnight shift