The HRIS Analyst III role performs functional analysis, requirements definition and Workday HCM module configuration, testing and on-going troubleshooting and maintenance. The person in this role has a thorough understanding of HR business processes (specifically in the disciplines of compensation, performance and learning management) to enable the analysis of business requirements and development of solutions for the business and systems we support.
Activities include, but are not limited to, troubleshooting second and third tier user requests and issues, resolving system and data problems, performing routine system maintenance and audits, maintaining error logs and resolving data and interface errors, testing of system changes, loading of data and reporting from various HR Systems and tools with special focus on system configuration within the Workday Application.
Keurig Dr Pepper (NYSE: KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott’s® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
The ideal candidate in this position will demonstrate the following:
• Proven track record of taking complex HRIS issues and resolving them timely and accurately.
• Ability to research and resolve the root cause of a problem and resolve quickly while juggling multiple other initiatives at the same time.
• Critical analytical thinking and problem solving skills; ability to drive solutions to complex problems using a systematic, multi-step approach. Finds solutions where precedents and procedures may not exist.
• Technically versatile; demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technology and processes quickly and easily.
• Ability to collaborate with groups and lead discussions/requirements sessions related to system issues, enhancements and projects. Acts as liaison between human resources information systems (HRIS) and internal HR departments to ensure the entire department's system needs are being met.
• Clear and effective communicator; communicates effectively with peers, customers and vendors in both verbal and written formats.
• Can self-prioritize work and largely work unsupervised.
• Team player; works well in a team environment where all members are accountable for successful delivery and team members work together to ensure daily and other goals are accomplished.
• Can work on multiple projects and support initiatives simultaneously.
• Enjoys working in a diverse and agile environment.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Appropriate sense of urgency when dealing with system issues and following up with leaders and customers in a timely manner.
• Proficiency with various HR Technology Solutions and Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word).
Benefits built for you
Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.