This is a meaningful role where you’ll participate in the design, development and maintenance of embedded software for 3G/LTE radio access network and core network protocols and subsystems. We want someone with a strong work ethic who is responsive and brings strong attention to detail.
What does a typical day look like for a Sr. Wireless Software Engineer?
- Work on the integration of radio interface functions with policy, session management and configuration subsystems.
- Support internal test and QA teams and external field support engineers to complete interoperability and acceptance testing in wireless operator networks.
- Participate in architecture, design and code reviews and provide peer feedback.
- Debug field issues through log analysis and other field data
What does career growth potential look like?
- Potential career paths include but are not limited to progression into a Technical Lead role or Management, etc. based on the individual.
What Qualifications do we look for?
- If you have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications (or related field) and bring 5+ years’ experience in embedded C/C++ programming for design and development of communication protocols, you sound like a great fit! (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Knowledge of 3GPP specifications, particularly RRC & stellar debugging skills!
- We want an exceptional understanding and track record in development experience with UMTS and/or LTE radio interface protocols.
- Bring hands-on experience with layered cellular protocol stack implementation on resource constrained embedded processors using multi-threaded programming model
- A proven ability to use debug tools and knowledge of runtime environment to efficiently isolate and fix bugs.
- It’s a Plus if you bring knowledge of NAS, S1AP, 3GPP LTE E-UTRAN and Evolved Packet System
- Working knowledge of IP protocol stack.