Sr. Wireless Network Engineer
5 - 7 years experience • Telecommunications
Municipalities are turning to smart networks to reduce utility costs, conserve energy, and improve quality of life. Our client is a market-leading provider of IoT-integrated wireless networks, carrier-grade WiFi access points, and more. They are hiring a Sr. Wireless Network Engineer to integrate large-scale wireless access networks in dense urban areas.
The Sr. Wireless Network Engineer will be responsible for the core networks that run smart cities. They work will involve carrier-grade WiFi access points, wireless backhaul, integrated networks, packets, and smart infrastructure.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus benefits, including performance bonus, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401(K) match, relocation assistance, and more.
- Opportunity to work hands-on with highly competitive emerging technology, including emerging 5G networks, VoWiFi, VoLTE, smart city, and commercial IoT/M2M.
- Strong networkengineeringbudget, with extensive support resources and staff.
- Relationships with major carriers, and strong customer base.
- Highly experienced leadership and a culture of innovation.
- Stable company with over 10 years of experience delivering smart technology.
- Opportunity to train, coach, and mentor top talent within the networkengineering team.
- Many career advancement options, including internal promotions, company-sponsored industry certifications, and tuition reimbursement.
- High degree of visibility and authority; this person will be one of the top engineers in the department.
- Design and deploy carrier-grade WiFi and core networkinfrastructure that controls the WiFi access points.
- Create LTE packet core protocols.
- Analyze networks to resolve issues related to traffic flow, security, and backhaul.
- Create security policies for trusted/untrusted WiFi access. Continuously improve networksecurity according to industry best practices.
- Contribute to product discussions, and give feedback on flaws and improvement strategies.
- Advise field engineers on troubleshooting, maintenance, and performance optimization.
- 6+ years of experience architecting large-scale wireless networkinfrastructure, with advanced experience designing protocols.
- Excellent understanding of carrier core networks, wireless backhaul, and packet core protocols.
- Degree in networkengineering or computer science.
- Cisco certifications are a plus.
- Technical understanding of mobile data networks:
- GSM and UMTS
- 4G, LTE, LTE-A, LTE-U
- Distributed data protocol (DPP)
- Protocol-independent multicast (PIM) routing protocol
- Licensed/unlicensed spectrum
- Familiarity with mobile data offloading, VoWiFi, VoLTE, IoT infrastructure, and related mobiletechnology.
- Experience working with public sector or municipal clients is ideal.
- Some travel.