As member of our best in class global team of system administrators you will be responsible for providing day-to-day support on both physical and virtual servers and help ensuring the highest level of availability and performance of our all systems from low priority to mission critical across multiple businesses. You will be providing support for both In-House developed and vendor Applications and a key contributor to the design, installation, deployment and configurations.
You will have opportunity to use and develop your skills in all Window Operating Systems, Project Management, Infrastructure Planning, Incident and Problem Management, Change Control, Capacity Management, Patch Management, Vulnerability and Threat Assessment, Scripting and Automation and Cyber Security.
The position is within the North America CTI (Citi Technology Infrastructure) CIS (Core Infrastructure Services) ICG/GFTS Organization with strong affiliation to international ICG and GFTS. Reporting directly to NAM Infrastructure Manager, and indirectly to Global ICG/GFTS head, this position is going to provide functional leadership boost performance and efficiency both regionally and globally. You will part of a team focusing on ways to integrate key strategies for building a successful network across CTI.
You will work closely with all regional and global technology areas including Infrastructure, Application Development, Production Support, Operations and 3rd party vendors in order to enhance the quality, improve processes and propagate understanding of good practices across all services under your care.
- Consultative IT Support
- Monitor and maintain infrastructure and applications for the businesses supported
- Analyze, evaluate and prepare recommendations for system improvements, optimizations and development.
- Act in a lead role when triaging and resolving Major Incidents
- Perform post-mortem reviews and root cause analysis of production outages
- Explore and discover opportunities to automate key tasks and improve productivity and efficiency
- Create metrics and review operational performance indicators to ensure effectiveness and efficiency and makes recommendations for improvement,
- Identify and call out risks and issues to the management
- Adhere to SDLC for deployment of all software and patches
- Ensures the highest possible quality of work, being a role model for other team members and cooperating teams
- Effectively communicates with team members, manages upwards and downwards, influences others through diplomacy and negotiation skills.
- Act as an advisory role and as a point of escalation for L2
- Provide on-call support on nights and weekends
- Manage ServiceNow queues, incidents and task assignments
- Liaise with Prod Support to implement new standards and improve stability
- Evaluate and improve operational procedure for improved efficiency and to address potential gaps.
- Solicit new ideas to management to gain support
- Project management
- Coach and provide leadership for junior staff
A minimum of 4 years System Administrator experience in the following:
- Windows2003/2008/2012/2016 – Experience installing and in-depth understanding of operating system, active directory, registry, performance tuning, health checks, sysinternals tools.
- IIS6/7/8– strong knowledge of http protocols (tls/ssl/tcp) , website administration and maintenance, encryption methods and log review.
- WindowsClustering – You should have experience installing and maintaining multi-node clusters preferably with SQL always-on. knowledge of SAN and NAS Storage (Veritas/EMC/Hitachi/NetApp) and common practices
- MSSQLServer2008/2012/2014 - Basic understanding of SQL Internals. Assist DBAs with SQL performance/connectivity issues. T-SQL scripting a plus.
- Scripting– Powershell 3/4/5, batch files. VB scripting a plus.
- Middleware– Familiarity with SSH Products, NDM, MQ, Websphere, Siteminder, MSDTC.
- Networking– Knowledge of TCP/IP, GTM, LTM, DNS, SFTP, QIP, Wireshark and MS Netmon.
We have built environment that will enable you to further develop yourself, by:
- Constant upgrading of skills and computer related knowledge.
- Improving communication and project management skills,
- Achieve deep understanding of the Business and Technology Infrastructure organization,
- Increasing exposure to senior management,
- Directly influencing changes on a global level
- Becoming a part of a dynamic and passionate team.
We expect you can demonstrate:
- Fluent English,
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills and ability to logically break down complex tasks into smaller manageable parts,
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including strong verbal, written communication skills and excellent listening skills are required,
- Strong individual with ability to communicate, negotiate, maintain and build relationships at all levels,
- Effective meeting management, presentation and organizational skills.
- Bachelor's degree or higher, or equivalent combination of education/experience or equivalent work experience
- A general familiarity with the enterprise IT environment and related technology applications,