The Senior Windows System Administrator/Engineer is responsible for supporting our enterprise server infrastructure and supporting our global servers here at ON24. The position focus will be installing, configuring, designing, and troubleshooting technology problems related to Windows servers, Exchange/O365, Lync/Skype, SharePoint and cloud deployments. He / She will also work on the platform servers and application deployments that power our high-quality product. He / She will work with other IT staff members to ensure the highest degree of functionality and reliability to our enterprise and production servers. This position requires an individual who is punctual, detail-oriented, able to adapt under stressful conditions, can multitask and possesses solid technical, communication, and customer service skills. This business runs in Agile development cycles and so specifications and scope of projects can change quickly. Understanding and having a production minded thought process is a requirement.
Are you ready to work with an excitingtechnology stack with an awesome team?
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations, building, troubleshooting, and configuring of Windows based machines including servers, and the deployment of production Windows based servers.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations, troubleshooting, and the growing of our VMware infrastructure on UCS and Dell.
- Will be responsible for the ongoing administration of corporate Exchange servers, Windows domain controllers and other critical enterprise-wide services including Active Directory, Print Services, TCP/IP, DHCP, WSUS, WDS, Group Policy and more.
- Will work with other company departments to solve Information Technology problems and will provide solutions to Management and above.
- Will own production Windows servers that support the ON24 platform.
- Will own collaborative enterprise servers, remote corporate servers and VM backups.
- Mentor other team members and collaborate with other departments.
- Will work with Engineering and DevOps to deploy ON24 software into our platform.
- Provide tier 3 technical support for ON24’s internal and remote employees through phone, IM, e-mail, and in-person utilizing our helpdesk ticketing system.
- On-call/off hours work may be required at times due to required maintenance windows.
- BS degree or equivalent with 4-7 years of previous Senior Windows System Administration/Engineering in a production enterprise environment is required.
- Deep experience with Microsoft Office, Office365, Active Directory, File and Print Services, TCP/IP, DHCP, Group Policy, firewall, networking, DNS, WSUS, WDS or other imaging technology is required.
- Experience with Windows 7/10, Server 2008/R2, Server 2012/R2, Server 2016 is required.
- Experience with VMware hypervisor is required.
- Experience with PowerShell/PowerCLI is required.
- Experience with Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure is preferred.
- Experience with WOWZA Media Server, Adobe Media Server, encoding technologies, Intel QuickSync, CUDA and understanding of VBS, PowerShell and Python scripts.
- Experience with backup technologies such as Zerto and Veeam is preferred.
- Experience with EMC VNXe, NIMBLE AF storage and other SAN arrays is preferred.
- Knowledge of Lync/Skype and SharePoint is preferred.
- Experience with Dell, HP and Cisco hardware is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft clustering, SQL and Microsoft DFS is a plus.
- Experience with Check_MK, Nagios and/or other monitoring solutions is a plus
- Experience with Symantec ITS (Altiris) is a plus.
- Working experience with Linux, preferably RHEL/Centos is a plus.
- Ability to learn quickly to tackle new and technically complex problems with courage and tenacity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing needs and requirements.
- Must have demonstrated ability to approach emerging problems quickly and with flexibility.
- Patience with the ability to speak to and train non-technical people.
- Must be a detail-oriented and organized thinker who is service-minded with effective communication and customer service skills