We are providing System Support to the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). The contractor shall administer Windows Server operating systems running on multiple domains. Services provided under this effort may be required to monitor and respond to e-mail in support of operating system administration of constructs that exist on SIPRNet, SCI, and JWICS-level classified networks to provide controlled and secure communications portal for interconnection of DoD SCI and non-DoD SCI level classified networks, systems, and applications, as required for mission critical activities.
This is a direct hire/salary position with excellent benefits, and outstanding compensation including full medical, dental, 401K vacation and holiday pay.
Manage and maintain currently supported and subsequent Microsoft (MS) Windows Server Operating Systems (OS) on physical and virtual operating environments, providing technical oversight and consultation services.
- Configure, maintain, manage, and troubleshoot MS Windows Server operating environments and associated components such as the Registry and Active Directory (AD).
- Configure and sustain operating environments aligning with DISA-provided requirements/engineering specifications as related to each specified network and storage components and applicable tool suites, performing functional validation subsequent to system or component modification.
- Provide 8x5 and on-call support to resolve OE and/or application outages and performance degradations and provide after-hours support per DISA processes for scheduled and unscheduled support (Authorized Service Interruptions (ASIs), maintenance, etc.) to include working non-prime shifts.
- Install, configure, administer, and support secure remote access utilities and applications including Citrix, Forefront Identify Manager, MS Identity Manager, Secure Web Access, Virtualization (HyperVisor, VMWare, etc.), NetScaler, and Remote Desktop Protocol.
- Proactively monitor operating environments using Enterprise Systems Management toolsets as well as unique MP toolsets and correct system anomalies.
- Monitor system performance to identify and correct performance issues.
- Manage clustering at the OS level, leveraging clustering software (ex. Veritas Clustering, MS Cluster Server, etc.).
- Utilize Windows scripting (PowerShell, Java script, Personal Home Page, DISA standard tools, etc.) to optimize and automate system administrator tasks.
- Provide technical support for disaster recovery efforts (actual or simulated).
- Perform hardware and software technology refreshes, ensuring milestone compliance while coordinating with MPs to minimize disruptions.
- Manage all tickets (incident, problem, change, service requests, etc.) in accordance with DISA policies and any MP Service Level Agreements (SLAs). This encompasses any ticketing system used to record tickets utilized by DISA personnel in support of mission requirements.
- Attend meetings, participate in conference calls, and respond to email/ticket requests to ensure customer support.
- Configure and monitor backups in accordance with applicable policies and guidance and ensure backup failures are corrected within time periods specified within SLAs but not to exceed next business day.
- Validate that any backup exemptions are accurately documented and routinely verified.
- Conduct daily audits to validate all servers are being backed up unless documented as exempt and approved by Government technical leader as per the applicable Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs).
- Restore from backups.
- Perform ad-hoc clones/snapshots, remove clones/snapshots when no longer required.
- Comply with DoD 8570/8140 Information Assurance (IA) and OS certification requirements.
- 5 + years of experience working within a Windows Server System Admin capacity
- 5 + years creating network automation with scripting languages and/or frameworks
- DoD Top Secret or IT-1 Security Clearance
- 8570 IAT Level II Certification
DNI complies with all federal, state and local laws designed to protect employees and job applicants from discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military service, or other non-merit-based factors.