$100K — $150K *
Moody's Information Technology - Workplace Services
Join the Workplace Services Desktop Engineering Team and you'll work at the highest systems level to provide expert advice and counsel to users, management and IT project teams for systems of the most complex nature (typically crossing function / location lines). Evaluate new technologies and develop departmental standard practices. Recognized as technical solutions expert within the department and demonstrate the ability to provide leadership and guidance to technical and non-technical associates. Identify or react to problems related to the end user technology infrastructure or in support of the software development process. Demonstrate a broad knowledge level across multiple areas of information technology. May be involved as a key team member on strategic or enterprise-wide technology innovations, challenges or issues.
We are looking for a highly seasoned senior Windows systems engineer / solutions architect with primary focus on the desktop engineering space. The candidate will be joining a very dynamic environment where she / he will be expected to take on challenges and comfortably be able to come up with innovative and cutting-edge desktop technology solutions which meet our business needs, are secure, and provide the best in-class end user experience. The candidate is expected to be able to independently engineer and implement new solutions and lead and execute projects hands-on from start to end (technology research, tool selection, solution design, solution engineering, implementation and hand-over to operations).
• Creates engineering visions, which puts the end user experience first, connects engineering strategies with the big picture and sets action plans accordingly
• Displays forward thinking and resourcefulness
• Exhibits technical proficiency and innovations
• Partners with application development and infrastructure teams to align leading edge and leveraging strategies
• Work with Security team to ensure system configurations follow security policies and controls standards
• Create technology efficiency and new capabilities using automation
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and drive clarity and actions
• Ability to summarize complex technical and business issues to the appropriate audience
• Ability to work with a variety of development environments and platforms
• Ability to participate in teams across organizations to solve business and technical issues
• Ability to successfully multi-task and prioritize work
• Provide end to end ownership of technology products that includes their complete lifecycle
• Process management: analyze, optimize and / or automate end-user related IT processes. Govern process implementation and adherence with IT Support teams
• Propose and implement medium to large scale system deployments (hardware, OS and cloud platforms)
• Support new and existing deployments through the analysis of metrics, logs, system alarms etc. to troubleshoot problems and perform preventative maintenance on the various products
• Create new tools and automation of existing ones to improve efficiency of product maintenance
• Analyze, acquire, install, modify and support Windows operating systems
• Conduct highly complex systems automation / scripting and systems support activities, including system integration and monitoring
• Create design documentation for new solution, products and procedures
• Maintain existing documentation of systems processes and procedures
• Responsible to document issue summary, provide root cause analysis, and implement remediation actions
• Work with the security team to analyze and remediate vulnerabilities discovered within the operating systems
• Work closely with L3 and L2 support groups to develop, plan, and implement system enhancements and upgrades
• Is available for L3 escalation requests
• Architecture and delivery of effective Desktop Engineering solutions (HW and Software / Automation - Integration/ physical and virtual machine builds, Azure, Intune, AWS) as well as creation of associated design and operating documentation
• Strong understanding of end user virtualization technologies (AWS Workspaces / Windows Virtual Desktops) engineering, standardization, governance and cost control.
• Can support the design, engineering and implementation of Windows desktop security hardening at Moody’s
• Automation of many different daily manual tasks via PowerShell, Python or other scripting languages
• Effectively and independently take on and manage tasks / work inside multiple projects simultaneously
• Work seamlessly with other Moody's IT teams on complex engineering projects
• Lead the triage of complex technical issues related to Infrastructure applications and a multitude of other variables in the mix
• Perform periodic infrastructure applications assessments and documentation review as part of our application governance
• Own the architecture and solution design for all assigned Desktop Engineering projects.
• Will be the primary SME on selected windows technologies and tools related to Desktop Engineering and responsible for mentoring other members of the team and do periodic knowledge sessions.
• If required to perform his duties, the candidate is expected to be able to attend meetings in different time zones and with offshore partner resources.
• Fluent Business English is required.
• Must be comfortable to collaborate and excel in a true global and multicultural environment.
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent area of study.
• Industry certifications in relevant areas is a plus.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in IT industry in relevant areas.
• Strong PowerShell Scripting skills are a must, Python is desirable. Other programming languages are a plus.
• Proven hands-on track history on Automation and System integration using APIs and custom scripts is required.
• The ability to be able to document, diagram, and flowchart complex design concepts is a must.
• Strong understanding of and experience in Windows Desktop Engineering and Windows Modern Management technologies (SCCM / OSD / WSUS / Intune MEM / Autopilot, Azure, AWS).
• Senior level expertise on Windows 10 OS, including life cycle management.
• Linux and MacOS experience are a plus.
• Expertise on Active Directory GPOs / DNS / PKI / DFS / IIS and senior level expertise on Group Policies / Intune policies / Configuration Management Tools related to windows desktop environments are a MUST.
• Solid understanding of network concepts (VLANs / Routing / TCP / IP / Load Balancing / Traffic Analysis, etc.) is required.
• Expertise with end user virtualization technologies (AWS Workspaces / Azure WVD / USMT / UE-V / Profile management).
• Strong understanding of security concepts (SSL, PKI, IPsec, VPNs, Firewalls, DMZ, Proxy, and cyber-attacks) is required.
• Expertise with some of the desktop related windows security tools (Beyondtrust Defendpoint / CIS Windows Hardening, etc.) is a big plus.
• Experience with Microsoft Office application configurations, browser configuration and hardening.
• Ability to effectively present information in both technical and non-technical terms.
• Strong communication; verbal, written and collaboration skills.
• Strong understanding and experience on Microsoft Core Infrastructure.
Valid through: 6/22/2021
$150K — $200K *
7 days ago