We are providing System Support to the Defense Information Systems Agency. The contractor shall administer Unix operating systems running on multiple flavors/versions. Services provided under this effort may be required to monitor and respond to e-mail in support of operating system administration of constructs that exist on SIPRNet, SCI, and JWICS-level classified networks to provide controlled and secure communications portal for interconnection of DoD SCI and non-DoD SCI level classified networks, systems, and applications, as required for mission critical activities.
This is a direct hire/salary position with excellent benefits, and outstanding compensation including full medical, dental, 401K vacation and holiday pay.
Manage and maintain currently supported and subsequent Unix based OS on physical and virtual operating environments, providing technical oversight and consultation services as required
- Configure, maintain, manage, and troubleshoot Unix based OS and associated components such as the File System and DNS.
- Ensure operating environments are properly configured and functioning as per requirements/engineering specifications as related to specified network and storage components and applicable tool suites, performing functional validation subsequent to system or com-ponent modification.
- Provide 8x5 and on call support to resolve OE and/or application outages and performance degradations and provide after-hours support per DISA processes for scheduled and unscheduled support (ASIs, maintenance, etc.) to include working non-prime shifts.
- Install, configure, administer, and support secure remote access utilities and applications including: Secure Shell, Secure Web Access, Virtualization (HyperVisor, VMWare, etc.), and Remote X server access.
- Proactively monitor operating environments using Enterprise Systems Management tool-sets as well as unique MP toolsets and correct system anomalies.
- Monitor system performance to identify and correct performance issues.
- Manage clustering at the OS level, leveraging clustering software as well as other clustering packages (ex. Solaris cluster, Linux clustering, etc.).
- Utilize Unix scripting (Bourne, Korn, PERL, BASH, PowerShell and other DISA standard tools) to optimize and automate system administrator tasks.
- Provide technical support for disaster recovery efforts (actual or simulated) to include disaster recovery documentation.
- Perform hardware and software technology refreshes, ensuring compliance with tight timelines while coordinating with MPs to minimize disruptions.
- Manage all tickets (incident, problem, change, service requests, etc.) in accordance with DISA policies and any MP SLAs. This encompasses any ticketing system used to record tickets utilized by DISA personnel in support of mission requirements.
- Attend meetings, participate in conference calls, and respond to email/ticket requests to ensure customer support.
- The contractor shall perform the following back-up/recovery functions for Unix server environments:
- Configure and monitor backups in accordance with applicable policies and guidance and ensure backup failures are corrected within time periods specified within SLAs but not to exceed next business day.
- Validate that any backup exemptions are accurately documented and routinely verified
- Server Line of Business (LOB) System Administration and Technical Support-West Page 6 of 28 Pages 24 Jun 2020
- Conduct daily audits to validate all servers are being backed up unless documented as exempt and approved by Government technical leader as per the applicable TTPs.
- Restore from backups as needed.
- Perform ad-hoc clones/snapshots, remove clones/snapshots when no longer required.
- Analyze, monitor, troubleshoot, and diagnose operating environments to ensure system optimization, confidentiality, integrity, availability, and functionality are within parameters per DoD, DISA guidance, as well as MP SLA and applicable vendor recommendations.
- Implement and sustain Lightweight Directory Access Protocol solutions, to include policy management and compliance with Hardening guidance.
- Provide on-site support to meet any Classified or TPI requirements.
- Leverage DISA security tools (ACAS, SPLUNK, HBSS, ESPS, etc.) to monitor and mitigate vulnerabilities and ensure compliance within specified timelines.
- Support audits (financial, security, etc.) through all phases to include preparation, participation and remediation efforts.
- Conduct continuous review for remediation tasks within the Enterprise Security Posture Systems (ESPS) to review, remediate, and document both automated and manual Security Technical Information Guide (STIG) checks, Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) vulnerabilities and any custom Remediation Tasks.
- 5 + years of experience supporting a UNIX Based Environment
- DoD Top Secret/SCI
- 8570 IAT Level II Certification
DNI complies with all federal, state and local laws designed to protect employees and job applicants from discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military service, or other non-merit-based factors