Position Specific Description
NextEra Energy is looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to join their Enterprise IT Digital Transformation team.
The ideal candidate is a strategic high energy individual, passionate about applying Design Thinking and User-Centered design methodologies to continuously uncover improvement opportunities and create compelling digital experiences that align with business goals.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Effectively facilitate collaborative design thinking workshops, design sprints and design reviews with business stakeholders and cross functional teams
- Ability to “tell a story” – and clearly (and tactfully) communicate design rationale, alternative perspectives and business value proposition
- Collaborate and work closely with product managers, technical architects and software developers to inform the functional designs of digital solutions to ensure alignment with business & end user objectives
- Identify user needs, preferences and objectives by using research, qualitative and quantitative analysis, and interviews to derive personas, use cases and user journey maps to inform the overall user experience and information architecture
- Provide UX consultation and strategic guidance to project stakeholders and implementation teams
- Create and deliver personas, sitemaps, user flows, wireframes and other artifacts to represent user needs and UI specifications
- Provide heuristic assessment of digital user interfaces and lead usability testing
- Communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with all levels and roles in the organization
- Experience with Atomic Design methodology, Google’s Material UI frameworks
- Create and manage an Enterprise Design System component library with reusable UI components for internal applications
- Knowledge of WCAG (accessibility) requirements; accessible color and interaction design patterns
- Expert level proficiency in design tools and libraries (UXPin, XD, Figma, Sketch, Sketch Libraries etc.)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working with distributed clients and/or project teams
- Participation and thought leadership in the UX community of practice and the Enterprise Design System at NextEra Energy
- Mentor junior staff members and lead by example
Click apply now to be part to be considered for this newly created position!
This job is responsible for creating great user experiences on the web and other digital channels. Individuals work cross-functionally and collaboratively to design the graphical user interface and experience for applications and web sites. Employees in this role guide developers through fulfilling the design experience.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with product management and developers to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience
- Executes all visual design stages from concept to a collaborative hand-off with software developers
- Conceptualizes original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Demonstrates both user interface and user experience concepts to product management
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 5+ years