The Sr. Web Software Engineer / Architect will support the Enterprise Architecture group, in support of the Census 2020 System of Systems. This is a senior-level role that understands the design, architecture, implementation, and support of high availability websites using WCM tools such as Adobe WCM, and Akamai for caching.
This is a hands-on technical position that will provide SME level support on ensuring high availability of the Census websites. This position will provide expertise and guidance to ensure high-availability of Census sites using their experience and expertise with Web Content Management Systems, that includes Adobe CMS, and Akamai. In the current architecture and state, the website(s) are pretty good in their presentation and content, that are graphics heavy, with a good amount of dynamic content. While Akamai is used for caching content, it will not support dynamic content. Part of the job is the ability to discuss / negotiate the tradeoffs with static and dynamic content, when architecting and designing website(s) that have high availability.
*Employment is with a federal government agency. Candidates will be required to submit to/pass a public background clearance. US citizenship / GC required.
- Helps design, architect, implement and support high availability websites, using Adobe WCM and Akamai.
- Develops proof of concepts / pilot systems.
- Creates metrics for website performance and response based on business requirements.
- Discusses / negotiates website implementation strategies with content owners / stakeholders with respect to static and dynamic content.
- Provides input on design, implementation, operations, user guides, and training materials
- Performs support and training for developers and operations staff as required
- Provides appropriate input on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of websites
- Reviews and provides input to policies and standard operating procedures with regards to content maintenance and publication.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION/ SKILLS /EXPERIENCE:
- A PHD + 10 full time years of relevant experience (Prior consulting, Professional Services and/or Enterprise Experience helpful)
- Or, may substitute with MA/MS + 2 additional years of experience; BS/BA + 4 years of additional experience
- Must understand Web Content Management (WCM) systems, and experience with Adobe WCM is highly preferred.
- Must have requirement – experience and expertise with Akamai; building out public facing websites with a large CMS in large organizations.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills – needs to be able to have discussions with the content owners, and discuss tradeoffs with the utilization of dynamic content, in the context of usability and user experience.
- Demonstrated experience with the architecture and development of websites using CMS' such as Adobe CMS and/or Drupal.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise with caching, security, performance and scalability of large websites.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise with translating business requirements into metrics for website architecture, performance and response times.
- Knowledge of AWS GovCloud helpful
- Must have IT security focus; experience working on security-centric solutions helpful; Demonstrated knowledge and experience with systems and application security is required. Needs to demonstrate experience with "developing secure systems."
- Relevant knowledge of current and emerging infrastructure technologies
- Solid time management skills with the ability to plan, organize and implement multiple initiatives and deadline-driven workloads while consistently providing outstanding customer service
- Detail-oriented, proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in cloud technologies
- Proficient in cloud storage and network systems
- Must have experience planning, installing, configuring, patching, and troubleshooting issues on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Experienced in supporting project teams in all phases of development
- Must have Organizational skills, Team Work skills, Communication skills, Problem-Solving skills and be Results-Oriented.