Sr. Web Product Analyst and above
Summary of This Role
Analyzes business problems to be solved with automated systems. Formulates and defines automated systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that meet user requirements and are within stated sizing estimates. Configures system settings and options; plans and executes unit design, assists in integration and acceptance testing, where necessary; and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
What Part Will You Play?
- Works on multiple medium complexity projects and programs from a business solution and design perspective, drafting solutions documentation, in collaboration with QA resource, developers and technical teams.
- Develops toward Subject Matter Expert, providing added value to clients and internal teams through knowledge of company platforms and offers alternative solutions. This includes product enhancement analysis and design, supporting and contributing functional testing approach, actual testing and validating as necessary.
- Develops product enhancements as part of client projects, requiring that functionality is designed and developed in a method that can be re-used by technology.
- Undertakes preliminary risk/impact assessments for changes, identifies all functional components affected, provides Solution effort estimations and, coordinates estimates across all relevant parties.
- Conducts analysis on medium to complex problems, supports issue/problem resolution, implementation, notification, and post-implementation support, advises to minimize client impact. Provides issue support to development and production support teams.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: In Information Technology, Business, or related field and/or equivalent of training and experience
- Typically Minimum 4 Years Relevant Exp
- Experience in integration, IT platforms and technologies in a Business Analyst environment, experience working with Web and Browser technologies.
- Typically Minimum 6 Years Relevant Exp
- Experience in document preparation, financial services, solutions design, programming language fundamentals, scripting knowledge, and understanding of data structuring
- Pursuing or having achieved Business Analysis certification (CCBA, CBAP, BCS), International Diploma in Business Analysis or equivalent a plus
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Supervision - Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Problem Solving - A seasoned, experienced professional with strong problem solving skills and problem resolution is based on a broad base of business knowledge
- Prioritizing/Multi-tasking - Ability to manage priorities in a matrix managed environment
- Facilitation and Negotiation - Demonstrates the ability to stay on task and lead to results, maintain scope, and negotiate between differing objectives to arrive at consensus within timeframes given.