Sr. Web Developer
Tracking Code12484-935Job Description
In this role, the successful candidate is a crucial member of our Digital Media team and responsible for building out and supporting product solutions such as our Customer Portal, iUNFI mobile apps, Digital Asset Management system, Product Information Management system, and Supplier Portal.
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Responsibilities include participation in the full software development lifecycle including but not limited to software architecture, use case and object modeling, framework design and development, code development, detailed design documents and project plan task estimates.
- Development environment requires adherence to engineering QA practices including configuration management, source control, unit testing, integration testing, and documentation of code
- Work under the direction of Product Managers and/or Technical Leads.
- Assist as a Technical Lead by providing leadership on individual projects and mentoring of other Web Developers.
- Work directly with other Web Developers and business partners on application/technical problem identification and resolution.
- Test, debug and document all work. Code business logic to call API functions on external Enterprise Resource Planning systems, interpret responses and handle error conditions. Perform unit, integration and system testing.
- Assist with performance and reliability testing, analysis and tuning. Log and resolve relevant development issues.
- Design and develop site administration and maintenance applications.
- Adhere to development standards including configuration management, source control, unit testing, integration testing and documentation of code.
- Other projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or web development, with a minimum of 5 years equivalent work experience preferred
- CSM certification would be preferred
- 5+ years of full software development lifecycle experience.
- 3+ years of PHP development experience.
- 5+ years of Object-Oriented Analysis, Design and Development experience.
- 3+ years of experience with Internet technologies
- System implementation experience is preferred
- Experience in web development.
- Experience with agile scrum development methodology strongly desired.
- PHP experience.
- Python experience preferred.
- .NET experience preferred.
- Solr experience preferred.
- Strong Internet technologies background including XML, Web Services etc.
- Significant experience with code and release management tools (e.g. – GIT, Perforce, Bamboo, Jenkins) required.
- Experience with Web Servers required. Experience with the Apache HTTP Server required.
- Experience with Relational Databases is required. MySQL experience required. Experience with SQL Server strongly desired.
- Experience with UNIX / Linux shell scripting strongly desired.
- Able to identify problems and opportunities, and champion solutions within the scope of own work.
- Ability to complete tasks on time and in budget within a climate of frequent market change and shifting needs; ability to do so with minimal management oversight.
- Good communication skills & a great can-do attitude.
- Desire to work within a team environment where team members thrive on excellence and candor and change.
- Able to act without direct supervision and manage others under delegated responsibility.
- Passion for exceeding customer expectations and quality of work.
- Ability to self-research emerging Internet technologies and trends.
- Excited to learn about new and emerging technologies.
- Ability to self-research solutions to software and engineering problems as required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multitask effectively in a high pressure environment.
- Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Ability to provide the coaching, training, leadership and guidance required for junior associates of the team