Red Wing Shoe Company is based in Red Wing, Minnesota, just 40 minutes from St. Paul, where our corporate office sits along the Mississippi River in downtown Red Wing. We are a mid-size, global company with 2300 employees around the world, but we maintain a close-knit family atmosphere that comes with being a privately held company. We’re rich in history and tradition, but innovation drives us to deliver best-in-class product solutions and highly rated customer experiences. Focus on our employees and company culture results in meaningful employee engagement across the organization. Our Guiding Behaviors of Honoring and Nurturing our Brands, Being Customer & Consumer Centered, Living our Values of Respect, Integrity, Community and Excellence, Inspiring & Empowering our People, and Preserving the Long Term Success and Legacy of our Company are the foundation on which we build our future.
As a Senior Web Developer at Red Wing Shoe Company, you will actively participate as part of a team bringing expansive technical knowledge and experience in the innovative design, coding and maintenance of our eCommerce websites. Assignments will consist of a mix of project based work and support tasks.
- Implement customizations to the eCommerce platform by writing high quality, testable, and compliant code using software development best practices. Implement website layout/user interface design by using best practices for integrating data from various back-end services and databases.
- Estimate development effort during the different lifecycle phases. Collaborate with senior engineers and Architects on technical decisions. Communicate technical dependencies, blockers and risks to project stakeholders and management.
- Provide mentoring to team members on new technology and its application, coding best practices and general technology architecture. Provide valuable feedback on peers and evaluation of team performance. Identify potential team improvements and participate in team retrospectives.
- Work closely with business analysts, marketing, design, and product management to design and develop web-based solutions to meet the business needs. Communicate plans and design direction with the project manager, analysts and end users, when applicable. Create plans that fit the business needs while maintaining a stable development environment. Identify system and service requirements. Estimate the effort required to develop the plans. Actively participate in code/peer review, ceremonies and pre-development activities.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Document solutions and troubleshooting tips for appropriate hand off to support roles in the organization for testing and post pilot support.
- Perform as a development lead when necessary, identifying, assigning, scheduling and monitoring work as required.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field of study and 10-15 years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An understanding of eCommerce capabilities, architecture, design, and development. Experience with content management within a CMS platform.
- Five or more years of experience in eCommerce focused responsive/cross browser compliant development.
- Experience working with and integrating with APIs and 3rd party system integrations (SOAP/REST) to payment, OMS, CRM, CMS & WMS systems.
- Experience working in an Agile team environment where you have actively participated in all phases of the software development lifecycle including analysis, design, development, testing and implementation.
- Experience with source control implementations and management, preferably GIT.
- Experience with front end unit testing frameworks, such as Jasmine.
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process