EFI is looking for a Sr. Web Developer to join our remote team in the United States. We are a geo-distributed team implementing and supporting internal and customer facing applications, from software distribution to eCommerce we cover business and customer needs in an agile and innovative way. We are looking for a natural leader to work together with IT team and business units from all continents to support and enhance our services and applications. We work with the latest .Net technology and integrate to various enterprise systems; architectural decisions are discussed and taken by the team. You will feel well understood in your strive to write the best possible code to solve business problems. This is a remote position; the ideal candidate will sit in Eastern or Central Standard Time.
What you will do:
You are a collaborative, proactive, transparent and forward-looking leader. You like technical challenges and value understanding of end-to-end business process in order to anticipate business needs and long-term success of services and applications.
- Quickly design, develop, and deliver new, intuitive and highly maintainable code
- Collaborate with rest of the team to deliver services and projects
- Understand and communicate technical and functional design requirements
- Work with the business to understand and document requirements
- Make solution design recommendations for efficiency, scalability, performance and quality
- Take ownership of support and development activities of assigned applications
- Manage customer notifications and expectations for assigned products/applications
- Recognize and effectively communicate risks to project timelines and quality
- Development, implementation and support of SOA solutions
- Proactively document solutions and changes to code
- Implement coding best practices for application scalability, performance, security and quality
- Lead code review for performance, security standards
- Cross train with rest of the team to learn and support applications
- Use your experience to provide guidance on architecture decision and considerations
- Provide Level of Effort estimates within 10% of actuals
- Provide input and guidance on information architecture and website design
- Provide support for customer facing application incidents
This job might be a good fit for you if:
- Have 8+ years of experience building web applications.
- Have 6+ years of experience developing/supporting C# .Net based web application.
- Have a Solid working knowledge of MVC for ,Net web application development.
- Possess a through understanding of SDLC – Agile, Waterfall and hybrid.
- Can bring a strong understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Possess through knowledge of database connection pools and other run-time sensitive resources.
- Have excellent knowledge in, ASP.NET, WCF, Microsoft SQL Server, LINQ to SQL, XML, IIS Web services.
- Have proven hands on experience in software architecture and systems integration (SOA web services.)
- Have prior experience and working knowledge of/with eCommerce solutions, a huge plus.
- Have the ability to manage your own tasks and priorities independently.
- Bring knowledge of front-end technology and solutions (Ajax, jQuery, others.)
- Are experienced in the implementation of websites, development and documentation of personas, use cases, navigation flows, site maps, SEO and SEO tools.
- Are experienced with Web Content Management systems such as Sitecore and Marketo integrations a plus.