What we look for
Our exceptional and motivated employees are our greatest strength. Our employees provide the highest level of
customer service and help maintain our position as a leader in the global marketplace.
The Markel Style is what makes us stand out from our competitors. It's our core value which should underpin how we do business, while influencing our behavior and performance. We are looking for people who have potential and share our passion to live the Markel Style, which is described in more detail below.
If you think you have these core attributes we want to hear from you.
Job Summary:The primary responsibility of this position is the managing and leading testing efforts (both manual and automated) across multiple work streams. The Sr. Web Software Quality Assurance Engineer will work closely with all scrum team members to review and approve detailed business and functional requirements documents and translate them as Business specifications in Gherkin. This Software Developer in Test will assist in the designing, development and scaling of web automation suite for the MATS Workflow application.
Test Engineer with 8 + years of experience in the following:
- Expert proficiency developing, implementing and executing data-driven and Acceptance Test Driven testing frameworks using ruby/watir-webdriver/selenium-webdriver/cucumber (preferred) or any other comparable open source test automation tool stack, to facilitate the test automation work for MATS Workflow Project
- Expert proficiency in planning, developing, implementing and executing testing strategies in support of Agile ATDD, BDD practices
- Demonstrated ability to advice, direct, train and evaluate staff on TDD practices and ability to spearhead and implement TDD practices and patterns across all test levels (unit/integration/systems)
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex business and technical requirements into features, user stories and examples.
- Demonstrated ability to scale web automation testing coverage and experience to build Continuous Testing life cycle using Jenkins, VSTS etc
- Expert proficiency in working with databases for test data validation. ex: MS SQL experience along with data manipulation tools ex: PL/SQL, TOAD etc
- Expertise with database backend automation for programmatic data validation to be incorporated in test automation suites.
- Insurance Industry experience is a plus but not a requirement
- Experience with Continuous Testing for CI/CD is a big plus
- Experience with parallel and threaded execution of web automation suites are a big plus
“Why work for us?”
Diversity and inclusion
Markel is truly a global and diverse company. We believe that diversity makes us better business partners and that embracing people’s differences can bring amazing results and fuel innovation. We have a portfolio of businesses and product lines that operate around the world.
Markel has a rich heritage of supporting communities across the world where our customers and employees live and work. Giving back is part of our history and our future. Our employees share in this philosophy through volunteering, mentoring and fundraising.
Commitment to open doors
Markel is committed to creating the best work environment. Our open-door policy is essential in recognizing business issues as they rise and to address the changing needs of our diverse and global workforce. Challenging management is a component of the Markel Style—some of our best ideas start from a conversation between a manager and an employee.
As the Markel Style states, we pursue excellence, strive for a better way, and share the success of others. Markel associates proactively seek new business opportunities, bringing further success to Markel.