BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
The Senior Vice President of Sales provides leadership, direction, and resources to AIS's sales organization. As the most senior sales leader in the company, the SVP of Sales is accountable for overall sales performance, the profitable achievement of the sales organization's goals, and for aligning the sales objectives with the business strategy.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and execute sales strategies that will help AIS achieve its business objectives.
- Aligns the sales organizations objectives with the AIS business strategy through active participation in corporate strategic planning, sales strategy development, sales analysis, resource planning, and budgeting.
- Accountable for effective sales department design, including sales job roles, sales channel design, sales resource deployment.
- Supervise the Sales, Account Managers, [and Marketing] directors through setting of expectations and monitoring completion of assigned duties and manage outsource resources. Develop direct reports and provide leadership, training and improvement plans.
- Ensures maximum market growth through creating a high growth environment.
- Manage and monitor the sales departments performance indicators including contact rate, gross profit percentage, and quote closure rate.
- Develop department goals that are in line with the AIS vision and objectives to achieve and exceed targets. Monitor and measure progress of goals to completion.
- Leads learning and development initiatives impacting the sales organization. Through active, productive partnership with Human Resources, the SVP establishes learning and development objectives essential to the success of the sales department.
- Leads sales organization in building strategic account plans, long-term sales plans and goals.
- Uses internal and external resources to analyze and assess region market potential and creating strategic plans to maximize profits while minimizing expenses and achieving sales/profit goals.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity
- Directly manage major and critical developing client accounts, and coordinate the management of all other accounts
- Provide leadership to the sales management team, while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high performance, and ethical behavior.
- Accountable for developing and managing the sales [and marketing] department budget
- Acts responsibly as a director level job in a public company.
- Achieves assigned company specific objectives for sales, profits, volume, cross sell function, and other strategic goals.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC's vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, sales, marketing or related field, MBA preferred
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Strong knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Strong knowledge of structuring sales goals and revenue expectations.
- Experience in planning marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, and successful public relations efforts.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Successful experience building a go-to-market strategy and corporate sales plan
- Successful experience utilizing a CRM to manage team sales tasks, pipeline, and closing data
- Strong leadership, communication, strategic thinking, and leadership skills
- Must possess business acumen and technical capacity, and be results driven with customer focus
- Experience or understanding of OEM Fasteners, production tools, and MRO supplies
- Outstanding consultative/problem solving selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executive level customers
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Ability to travel in the upper Midwest