The SVP Banking Operations will oversee the effective delivery of operational capabilities and customer service to clients across the rural line of business in North America with specific responsibility for managing Loan Operations functions initially including Loan Servicing & Customer Connect(Call Center). Future management responsibilities will ultimately include the Documentation Risk Control Team, including CRT Support (the "DRC Roles") and a centralized client onboarding function. The DRC roles will transition over to the SVP Rural Operations at an agreed upon time with the legal department; however, legal will work with the SVP Rural Operations to seek input where appropriate on the DRC Roles until the transition of such roles. The scope of rural client onboarding is to be determined & dependent upon implementation of a global rural client onboarding target operating model or agreement between U.S. heads of Compliance, Rural, & Operations.
Experience with client onboarding and regulatory requirements (documentation, security perfection, collateral and Flood) are crucial. If they do not have any knowledge / experience with that they are not the right candidate. Banking experience is a MUST HAVE
The role Holder will be required to clearly communicate / document progress being made within both BaU and projects to both local and global stakeholders and how the Operations efforts link back to supporting the objectives of the N.A. Region and the Global COO Domain. The Head of Operations Rural will participate in the (extended) Rural Leadership team/Rural round table.
The role Holder will work closely with the COO & head of Rural N.A. to assist those areas in achieving their strategic and operational objectives.
Context of Job:
The Rural Operations team forms part of the COO Domain and is responsible for ensuring that the Operations department makes a significant contribution to support the overall Rural Strategy, manage risk within the Risk Appetite and demonstrate and champion leadership, open mindedness, commitment and flexibility to find better ways of working, through strategy, structure and approach * especially in support of the Rural Vision 2025 program.
Key Accountabilities include:
Develop short, medium and long term Operations strategies in-line with global and local requirements and execute on the agreed strategies to support the objectives of the Rural businesses including achieving the requirements of Rural Vision 2025
Partner with the rural leadership team to support their strategic and operational objectives.
Ensure compliance with relevant regulations including BSA/AML & Flood, global and local internal policies and procedures, and laws & regulations regarding collateral perfection & monitoring.
Manage key controls designed to ensure loan documentation is properly drafted and executed, with a strong emphasis on attachment, perfection, and priority of security interests
Develop KPIs for the Operations team focused on delivering operational quality & key business objectives.
Develop and enhance management and leadership skills within the team.
Build strong & collaborative relationships with global and local stakeholders to ensure trusting working relationships to facilitate the sharing of ideas and ensure appropriate support to business functions.
Attend and actively participate in global, regional and local meetings / conferences as required.
Establish, maintain and improve existing processes, policies, procedures, templates and documents and develop new as necessary.
Establish, maintain and improve processesworking with the LEAN / Six Sigma team to continually improve processes and drive efficiencies and report on the ROI of these efforts on an ongoing basis.
Manage the Operations budget and provide resources for projects as required.
Lead Operations management team in maintaining and improving controls to ensure a high level of processing accuracy and manage risks to the established Risk Appetite.
Manage the Business Continuity Requirements for Operations
Ensure that all Compliance, Audit, In Control, & SOX requirements & operating principles are adhered to at all times.
Ensure that local Risk Management requirements / reporting is adhered to at all times.
Develop and monitor "Key Controls" reports so that key operational requirements, risks and controls are effectively identified, monitored and reported on to all stakeholders.
Establish and maintain close working arrangement with Legal Department on Documentation Risk Control Matters which are delegated from Legal to Documentation Risk Control Matters Department.
Understands and analyzes perfection issues related to securing real and personal property collateral according to state statutes and understands how to maintain perfection of collateral including as it relates to renewals, extensions, modifications, amendments, and continuations.
Other duties as directed
The role Holder has direct control over the Operations budget with signature authority outlined in the Regional Signature Policy.
Reporting directly to the Regional COO, the role is expected to operate independently on a day-to-day basis and seek strategic guidance when needed.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Strong commercial, business and strategic acumen.
* Good understanding and knowledge of banking and finance IT systems, Governance structures and business processes.
* Sound understanding of Risk Management Frameworks, techniques, practices etc.
* Sound understanding of Loan Documentation and North American laws related to lending and collateral
* Sound understanding of AML/BSA requirements
* Oversight understanding of U.S. Flood insurance requirements
* Lead engagements & interactions with external regulators & internal compliance & audit staff.
* Familiarity with North American & European regulatory environments
* Ability to develop and execute a strategy
* Understanding of all Rural products & services
* Proven ability to inspire, lead, develop, manage and motivate a team of professionals to achieve departmental objectives
* Proven ability to look beyond their area of expertise or responsibility in order to add value across the organization
* Lead by example through own positive and constructive behavior.
* Addresses and shows respect for differences in working style and backgrounds to enhance team results
* Coaches others and provides timely feedback while investing in own personal development
* Influences at all levels and gains acceptance of ideas.
* Establish, develop, and sustain a culture of trust and open feedback where diversity of thought is encouraged
Strong relationship management skills. Ability to build and maintain relationships and networks across the bank's business units both locally and internationally to achieve joint objectives.
Delivery of Excellent Customer Service to all internal and External clients
* Ensure that Customer service improvements are incorporated into wider COO Domain planning
* Formulate customer service targets, communicate them and track progress according to agreed metrics (ie NPS)
* Implementation of a quality framework for Customer Service
* Ability to identify business needs and develop appropriate operational solutions.
* Interpret client service requirements and set the platform to deliver effective service standards in line with business requirements.
* Identifies (sustainable) opportunities for collaboration and acts on these.
* Develop SLAs and measure service delivery against KPIs to interested stakeholders.
* Ability to prepare global, regional and local reports that provide value-add to management and clearly articulate relevant issues.
Proven ability to learn and understand competing priorities of various persons and departments in order to cultivate a consensus and build alignment around solutions best for the Company
Clearly communicate change affecting Operations and relate this back to the individual
Reduce uncertainty and convert anxiety, denial and resistance into constructive change energy
Promote involvement in and responsibility for managing any change processes affecting operations
* Work with the Heads of Non-Financial Risk, Security, Operational Risk, Vendor Management, Compliance, Legal and Internal Audit to ensure Operations has an effective operating control environment & complies with all relevant laws & regulations
* Promotion of Risk Awareness across the team
Ensure that operational risks, audit points and compliance requirements that arise are adequately identified, assessed and mitigated
Ensure that Business Continuity Requirements are met
Operational Excellence and innovation:
Reduce inefficiencies and rework by increasing knowledge through coaching.
* Challenge the norm through continual reassessment of processes, create a culture of continuous improvement
* Actively seek out innovative ideas that can be applied to the Operations area
* Continued focus on Operational Excellence & LEAN/Six Sigma training and involvement of staff in related projects.
Complete all mandatory training
Comply with code of conduct and Bank policies/ procedures
Actively identify incidents outside of established policies and procedures and report to management immediately
Must be familiar with and comply with laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
Understands and complies with all company anti-money laundering, compliance, and all other applicable laws.
Culture and Values
Actively and consistently demonstrate the Company Cultural Practices
The role requires strong stakeholder and relationship management and the ability to advise and influence Management on tactics and strategy. The role requires close interaction with the following stakeholders:
Chief Operating Officer & all members of the COO Domain Management Team
Rural Leadership Team
Compliance, Audit, Operational Risk, & Vendor Management
Finance & Control
Head office stakeholders within the COO Domain
Key Performance Indicators:
Management of departmental financials in order to ensure a good return on investment and provide flexibility in the cost structure to support changing circumstances
Demonstration of flexibility and support in assisting the COO Domain & Region to achieve overall cost objectives
Establishment of an appropriate control environment to minimize number and severity of operational incidents
Delivery of project requirements at required quality, budget and timelines
Identification of business needs and development of an appropriate Operations Strategy which meets stakeholders needs
Development of SLA's in agreement with clients and stakeholders, and provision of timely and relevant monitoring and reporting;
Achievement of superior levels of stakeholder and staff satisfaction as indicated by surveys and feedback; and
Demonstration of the support for product and business innovation by providing relevant advice and suitable resources as required.