$100K — $150K *
Moody’s Shared Services are the front line professionals including Finance, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Human Resources, that operationally support our business units. Exceptional Shared Services teams are vital to the international success of our business.
Moody's Information Technology - Infrastructure as a Service
This is a challenging position within Infrastructure Services, expected to enable Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service architectures. The candidate must be very motivated and willing to take on challenges, learn new concepts and be willing to multi-task to succeed. The job requires a very good understanding of the underlying platform infrastructure. The team is responsible for designing and supporting the infrastructure and creation of SOPs in coordination with the operations teams which are with outsource partners for L0, L1, and L2. This specific position is for an individual with expertise in Virtual Infrastructure architecture, engineering and maintenance and also requires strong knowledge of physical server architecture (x86 platform).
The successful candidate will lead the implementation of our vision of software defined infrastructure where automation, orchestration, and dynamic elasticity are deployed to drive high levels of service quality and same day time to market.
• Provide and implement detailed and technological engineering/architectural designs for the organization:
• Design, build and maintain the global virtual infrastructure
• Provide regular inputs into future strategy and roadmap for the Virtual Infrastructure
• Support and expand the private, public and hybrid cloud presence
• Empower Virtualization Infrastructure by optimizing the VMWare vRealize Suite of tools
• Drive mature elastic capacity management of ESX hosts
• Work with business owners to continue development and sizing of VMware infrastructure based on business needs
• Keeping abreast of new technologies and developments in related area of responsibility
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Equivalent area of study, or relevant experience
• Minimum 6 years experience in IT industry with specialized role in virtualization infrastructure.
• VMware Certification preferred
Experience leading Virtualization based projects, including designing and setting up highly resilient enterprise level infrastructure, experience deploying and working with automation and orchestration products, and leveraging a wide range of the VMware product suite.
Advanced expertise in virtualization technologies and products including VMware ESXi, vCenter, vRealize Suite, vRealize Operations, vSphere Replication, Site Recovery Manager, VMware Converter, PowerCLI and other VMware products.
Capable of deploying and maintaining public and hybrid cloud environments including AWS, Azure and VMware on AWS.
Experience in scripting and automation such as leveraging Ansible, PowerShell, PowerCLI, vRealize Orchestrator and/or other scripting skills
Understanding of distributed directories and authentication (Kerberos, LDAP, and Active Directory)
Familiarity with converged infrastructure, specifically VCE vXBlock
Good understanding of Windows and RHEL Operating systems. Experience deploying and maintaining Servers and storage systems in a production data center environment Understanding of I/O workloads, data storage (RAID, SAN, NAS, and Logical Volume Management), and back-up concepts Basic understanding of Storage management (SAN, NAS, CIFs) Understanding of networking fundamentals Excellent communication and documentation skills
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody’s also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
Valid through: 4/27/2021