Reporting to the Executive VP Sales and Marketing, and serving as an integral member of the senior leadership team, the Sr. Vice President, Global Marketing will be responsible for the development of Marvell’s marketing, public relations and communications strategy and will contribute to the organizational strategic operations. Responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of marketing and public relations activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of Marvell and its leadership. The Sr. Vice President, Global Marketing is responsible for Marvell’s varied and integrated marketing and communications products and services including: newsletters and other print publications; web, e-news and other online communications; media and public relations; and marketing. Manage and provide leadership, style guides, and process improvements to the distributed Technical Writing Organization.
• Vision, Strategy, and Leadership: Develop and implement an integrated strategic marketing and communications plan to advance Marvell’s brand identity; generate leads that result in more sales with existing and new customers; broaden awareness of its programs and priorities; and increase the visibility of its programs across key stakeholder audiences
• Create marketing/public relations strategy that will allow Marvell leadership to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences.
• Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization, working with leadership team and staff to recognize internal and external marketing and communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them
• Develop all elements of Marvell’s social business, designing and driving social media strategy and tactics. Serve as marketing and communications subject matter expert, both internally and to externally.
• Act as Sr spokesperson for the company
• Oversee development of all Marvell’s print communications including the annual report, marketing collateral materials and electronic communications including website and new media; manage relationships with associated vendors
• Exercise judgment to prioritize media opportunities, and prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material as needed
• Manage the company’s global Industry analyst relations and market intelligence efforts
• Team Development/Management Oversee the day-to-day activities of the Global Marketing function including budgeting, planning and staff development. Recruit and manage appropriate Marketing and communications team to support the development and execution of the marketing and communications strategy
• Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis.
• Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments
• Coordinate company wide product marketing activities including a common process for evaluating new products, a common product launch and go to market process, and new and innovative ways to broaden the Marvell customer base like including concepts like customer based marketing.
• Proven industry experience and leadership in managing comprehensive strategic marketing and communications, media relations, and marketing program to advance an organization’s mission and goals
• 15 – 20 years experience in a senior management role either in-house or with an agency
• Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier partners,
• Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output
• Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of marketing and communications specialists Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution
• Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
• Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
• Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance, and administration initiatives
• Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with executives and senior management, Marvell’s Board of Directors and staff
• Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker. Excellent and persuasive communicator