Sr. Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
15+ years experience • Biotech/Pharma
The strategic thinker we select for this newly created role will help develop and execute our company strategy, as well as, provide financial guidance and counsel. Reporting into the CEO, you will be responsible for the overall management and oversight of the Finance and IT functions. Internally you will provide financial guidance and counsel. Externally you will communicate company strategy and financials to key stakeholders including current and potential investors, bankers, company advisors, regulators, and auditors with respect to fundraising and potential Initial Public Offering (IPO) activities.
You will also work to:
- Build, manage, and develop a team of finance, accounting, and IT professionals.
- Provide financial oversight to the organization with respect to accounting, financialreporting & controls, investor relations, financial planning & analysis, and tax functions.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal financial regulatory laws; ensure appropriate controls are put in place; act as key interface with external auditors.
- Manage annual budgeting and strategic planning processes, and oversee salesforecasting.
- Support business development in due diligence exercises and lead potential acquisition or joint venture activities.
- Lead fundraising activities in partnership with the CEO.
- Lead potential Initial Public Offering (IPO) for the organization.
- Prepare and dynamically present the company strategy and finances to key external stakeholders including Board of Directors, current and potential investors, advisors, auditors, regulators, and banks.
- Provide oversight over the company equity program.
- Develop direct reports and model a culture of continuous feedback and accountability.
- Complete all company and job-related training as assigned within the required timelines
Our new Executive Leadership Team member will be a champion of our company culture, innovative mindset, and Castle Creek values (Think BIG!, We are the Best, Collaborate, The Patient Comes First), and ensure they are modeled, exemplified, and cascaded within the Finance and IT functions, as well as, within the organization. Additionally, you will possess:
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance required with a Master’s in Business Administration (M.B.A.) and CPA designation strongly preferred
- 15+ years of experience in progressively responsible roles within finance
- Must have at least 5+ years in a senior financial leadership capacity within a small or start-up pharmaceutical or biopharma environment, or equivalent experience in investment banking with a focus in biopharma
- Big 4 accounting experience a plus
- Strong entrepreneurial and innovative mindset with a passion for putting the patient first
- Must be a strong team player and strategic thinker along with a can-do attitude and willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Proven and demonstrated track record of living and exemplifying the values of your current and previous employers
- Demonstrated ability to build a finance function, processes, and controls
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
Experience successfully leading an Initial Public Offering (IPO) strongly preferred
Strong MS Office skills
Experience managing the IT function a plus
If you are a highly motivated professional with a desire to join a team who is making a life-changing impact on patients, please click “APPLY”
An Equal Opportunity Employer