- Responsible for the validation activities for the Cabin HVAC and Powertrain Thermal Management System, including heat pump, radiator/fan cooling module, cabin air handling, etc.
- Develop HVAC software/control strategy.
- Perform 2D and 3D simulation analysis.
- Correlate simulations with solar loading, thermal chamber, and human comfort tests.
- Conduct hands-on component and system level characterization, reliability, and durability testing.
- Work with vehicle integration engineers for test planning activities.
- Collaborate with Design Studio and Interiors teams to develop cabin air strategy.
- Lead thermal system debugging and root causing issues.
Character traits and related responsibility:
- Works with all levels of management and cross-functional leaders as required.
- Demonstrated self-initator with ability to identify and prioritize problems, perform research unprompted, recommend solutions, negotiate with key stake holders, and execute contingency plans with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to accept personal responsibility and accountability for major analytical and planning assignments.
- Strong teamwork skills. Able to develop consensus, move the program forward, and develop win-win situations.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.
- Working knowledge of relevant standards (SAE, ASME, and ISO).
- 5-years experience in Automotive field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with CFD (StarCCM+, Fluent).
- Strong understanding of hybrid/EV powertrain system.
- Knowledge of a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software such as Smarteam is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as applicable.