We are seeking an energetic and innovative User Experience Product Designer to join the Data Science & Advanced Analytics Design team. The products we build use visualizations to tell stories of consumer preferences, sales performance, risk, fraud, and investment performance.
As a User Experience Designer at MassMutual, you will be involved in product development, from brainstorming ideas to ensuring design quality. Using your full range of user experience design, visual design, and data visualization, you will craft insightful data-driven products that deal with complexity in an elegant way.
As a qualified candidate, you have experience in gathering information from end users and project stakeholders, identifying (and validating existing) requirements, and translating these into designs. You collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of product owners, engineers, and data scientists and adapt your communication to the audience. You creatively approach problems with design, data visualization techniques, and working knowledge of web technologies. You are constantly measuring but you recognize that UX is a blend of art and science, and look for ways to measurably improve products. Above all, you are empathetic to users and validate concepts through user research and usability testing.
- Design custom, web-based business intelligence and data visualization applications that support decision-making
- Gather information from stakeholders and users to identify the problem and translate these requirements into designs and prototypes
- Produce and contribute reusable designs that conform and enhance our design language
- Work closely with product owners, engineers, and data scientists to explore the data and collaborate on creating visualizations for the design
- Facilitate brainstorming/ideation sessions with cross-functional groups including team members and/or end users
- Drive organizational change, championing a human-centered approach and supporting the growth of that perspective across interdisciplinary team members
- Drive research programs cross-product (i.e. not just running research on single project, able to look across a portfolio)
- Communication skills
- Problem solving
- Interaction design
- User experience research
- Visual design principles
- Gathering and converting requirements into designs
- Design and prototyping software (e.g., Sketch, InVision)
- 5+ years of work experience in user experience research and design, interaction design, product design, visual design, qualitative/quantitative research
- Experience designing business intelligence applications, dashboards, or enterprise reporting tools
- Experience with commercial business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Microstrategy)
- Knowledge of standard charts and visualizations
- Knowledge of visualization best practices
- Bachelor's Degree in Interaction Design, User Experience Design, Human Computer Interaction, Product Design, Graphic, Web/Multimedia Design, or comparable work experience
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- 8+ years of work experience in user experience research and design, interaction design, product design, visual design, qualitative/quantitative research
- Master’s Degree in Interaction Design, User Experience Design, Human Computer Interaction, Product Design, Business Analytics, Graphic, Web/Multimedia Design, or comparable work experience.
- Familiarity with Microstrategy
- Financial services domain knowledge