We are looking for a Senior UX Designer to lead our efforts in designing and implementing rich user interfaces and APIs for our worldwide customer base. The ideal candidate has extensive design experience and is familiar with human behavior and interactions on the Web, as well as how to optimize websites and web applications for those interactions. You will be the primary voice for consistent design across a growing suite of applications and integrations and building out a user-centered experience for both ecommerce stores and administrative interfaces.
- Create sketches, rough wireframes, prototypes–both static and clickable–and low- and high-resolution comps for product and engineering teams.
- Rapidly iterate and collaborate based upon user requirements and industry best practices.
- Develop a consistent look-and-feel across all Volusion products, applications, and assets.
- Build a set of styles and accompanying documentation that can be applied by other designers and engineers to ongoing projects.
- Champion users, especially focusing on clean, usable design patterns that are modern and reflect industry direction and standards.
- Develop an approach and methodology to testing designs and incorporating user feedback, including A/B testing and user research.
- Offer informed opinions and experience in the choice of color, texture, page flow, site design, and application design.
What about all those standard job description bullets? We’ve got those too:
- 6+ years experience in design, ideally in the software or web application space.
- 4+ years experience in user experience, especially dealing in human interaction, HCI, eye tracking, and related user experience.
- 3+ years leading and managing other designers, including oversight, ensuring consistency, and meeting deadlines.
- Strong portfolio of design projects.
- Proficiency in design software (UXPin, Balsamiq, Axure, or similar).
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work closely with other designers, managers and customer support team