Sr. UX Designer / Large Microsoft Partner
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
As a Senior User Experience (UX) Designer you’ll be responsible for driving and facilitating discovery research efforts and collaborative ideation workshops, in addition to supporting the definition of strategies to support a defined vision for client solutions. The Senior UX Designer is expected to lead interaction design and user-centered design deliverables (such as, interactive prototypes, user scenarios, annotated wireframes, usability testing) for a variety of user interfaces including web sites, mobile and tablet applications, kiosks, wall screens, and business tools. They will both support ongoing projects as well as new business in conjunction with the Creative Director.
Role and Responsibilities
- Create design documentation including prototypes, wireframes, flow diagrams, and detailed design specs, style guides.
- Participate in and/or lead requirements gathering sessions. Document and validate high-level and detailed design requirements.
- Plan, conduct and synthesize research using standard methodologies and outputs such as: personas, stakeholder interviews, contextual inquiries, field studies, customer journey mapping, service blueprints, mental models, task analysis, card sorting, usability tests, cognitive walk-throughs, expert reviews, focus groups, and competitive analysis.
- Assemble low and high fidelity prototypes that allow you to communicate and quickly iterate on ideas. Use prototypes for end-user testing and validation.
- Communicate design best practices and reasoning behind UX decisions to key stakeholders.
- Work closely with other UX designers and visual designers on the team.
- Collaborate with and inspire other designers on the team, keeping up current design best practices, trends and tools.
- 6+ years’ experience of requirements discovery, definition, and analysis in an agency, consultancy, or other professional setting.
- BA in Human-Computer Interaction, equivalent degree of studies or relevant experience
- Masters degree in a related field of study a plus
- Exceptional collaboration, communication, and client-facing presence is a must
- Ability to lead client presentations, support account management activities, and engage in business development/pre-sales work.
- Fundamental understanding and practical application of user-centered design principles and methodologies
- Passion for working as part of a high performance team and community involvement