Cognizant is looking for a Sr. UI – Angular Developer in developing customized product for our clients. The role is expected to drive technology discussions and analyze the current landscape for gaps in addressing business needs. Cognizant needs a motivated individual to challenge the status quo and provide thought leadership/best practices to enhance our current services and technologies.
An ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working in a fast paced, collaborative environment. Someone that values the “team” and leverages the opinions and expertise of their teammates to deliver quality.
Senior UI Developer - Angular will be responsible for development of applications across the Digital and Marketing Technology domain, responsibilities include:
- Understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Develop new user-facing features using latest Angular (latest versions)
- Use Visual Designs (PSD files) to develop responsive web and Single Page Applications consuming server-side JSON restful services
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries
- Manual and Automated Unit Testing
- Work on CI/CD pipelines under assistance
- Able to develop SPA (Single Page Applications) consuming server-side JSON restful services
- Develop PWA (Progressive Web App) using Service Workers
- Performance Tuning
- Discuss with customer business groups to understand functionality and come up with innovative ideas for web development for the best user experience
- Undertake project specific Proof of Concepts activities to validate technical feasibility with guidance from the Application Architect
- Discuss with offshore team on tasks to be done, and mentor junior members of the team.
- Performs design & code reviews for team members.
- Train, conduct interviews and build new high performance front end teams.
- Deep understanding of Angular JS: SPA, Basic Angular CLI commands, Data Binding; Angular modules, components, services, lazy loading, lifecycle hooks etc
- AngularJS and Angular 6+: Experience in development RWD and SPA with Angular; Demonstrates knowledge of Dependency Injection , Templates, Validations, Linting, Pipes, Directives, Model Typecasting, State management, Debugging and Testing
- DevOps principles to commit, merge/branch, build and deploy code. Ability to use version management tools like GIT and build tools like Maven, Gradle.
- Working knowledge of PWA, Gatsby, Riot, experience working with any CMS, JSON Web Token (JWT), familiarity with GIT.
- Familiarity with integrations patterns and invoke/ consume APIs/ RESTful Services/ OData API using NodeJS, Spring framework.
- Database fundamentals – Any On-prem relational or NoSQL Databases like MongoDB, PostGress with Azure or AWS.
- Familiarity with unit testing (automated), JUnit, TDD, JEST, Selenium
- Knowledge of deployment concepts of rollout and rollback, webserver, app server deployment, database scripts rollout and monitoring
- Ancillary aspects of software development like IDE, CI/CD, SAFe Agile, Story development across layers; Digital Engineering and Product Engineering basics