Industry: Finance & Insurance•
5 - 7 years
Posted 37 days ago
The Senior Trial Attorney will:
Represent insured's of Allstate and the Company in the defense of low to moderate to exposure bodily injury and Property damage law suits. Assess liability and damages and develop defenses to allegations and/or pursuit of Subrogation for a successful resolution of cases.
• Effectively negotiate settlements including all aspects of liability and damages
• Attend hearings and conduct trials
• Argue motions; take effective depositions of lay and expert witnesses
• Consult with clients, opposing counsel and the judiciary
• Coordinate the case handling with claims personnel
• Complete necessary system documentation
• Assist other attorneys in resolving calendar conflicts
• Juris Doctorate degree and member in good standing of Texas State Bar
• five to seven years Insurance Defense, Subrogation and/or Personal Injury litigation experience
• Trial and/or Arbitration experience is preferred, with flexibility to work across several disciplines that may include SIU, PIP, UM and Subrogation.
• No Fault and/or SIU experience is a plus.
• Computer skills required; experience with Microsoft Office, Lexis, and the internet
• Ability to work well with others on a team of attorneys, paralegals, administrative assistants, supervised by an attorney Lead Counsel
• Must be able to handle a large caseload
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are key to working with a variety of internal and external contacts as well as for preparing reports, pleadings, and correspondence, collaborating with others, etc. Will work independently as well as part of a cohesive team.
• Ability to travel
• Periodically lifting in excess of 20 pounds throughout the day, depending on court matters being handled. Attorneys are required to cover court matters for each other; attorneys have laptops.
• Bending to pick up the computer bag which sometimes is more than 20 pounds, entering and exiting a vehicle, maneuvering files and computer at security checkpoints
• Turning and twisting at work