At Jacobs, we're not just building structures, we're helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their projects that are shaping our world.
We're looking for an experienced and collaborative Sr. Transportation Project Manager who will have the opportunity to impact strategic business relationships and deliver high profile projects with FDOT, State, and key municipal clients in Florida. Position can be based in most cities across Florida depending on preference. As a Sr. Project Manager, you will understand client organizations and processes, develop and maintain consistent relationships at all organizational levels, and work to ensure that Jacobs is the consultant-of-choice for our clients. Experience in delivering projects in both traditional Design and Design Build delivery platforms it desired. You'll be able to leverage your people management skills to optimize your team's performance and consistently deliver high-quality technical solutions for our clients. Bring your project management experience, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced consulting environment, and technical expertise and we'll provide you with exciting and challenging opportunities to help you grow professionally over the remainder of your career.Responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage teams through all phases of project planning, execution, and closeout consistent with established project delivery processes to meet the scope, schedule, budget, and other specified requirements stated in the contract.
- Be accountable for successfully completing projects to the satisfaction of clients and key stakeholders, while simultaneously ensuring that Jacobs' business and policy expectations are met in the areas of health and safety, quality, financial, project delivery, and risk management.
- Play a leadership role in business development activities that result in the award of new contracts. This typically includes client relationship development, project-specific positioning activities, teaming arrangements, proposal preparation, oral presentations, and contract negotiations consistent with established business development processes.
- Contribute to the development of a Florida Transportation Market Strategy that delivers leading-edge technology solutions for our clients while also actively diversifying and expanding our client base.
- Demonstrate leadership by example with integrity and candor and in support of Jacobs Culture of Caring work environment.
- BS degree in a technical or business discipline or equivalent related work experience in lieu of a degree
- 10 years of experience in the Florida Consultant market with a preference to the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) roadway and bridges market.
- Strong understanding of project delivery tools and metrics, and a proven history leading project delivery teams to successfully meet client expectations
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining strong client relationships that result in the creation and procurement of new and repeat consulting work.
If you're up for the challenge, we've been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for progress and growth.
At Jacobs, we're partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you'll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.