Our client distributes grocery products to independent and chain retailers in 50 states and our own corporate-owned retail stores throughout the Midwest, in addition to fresh food processing and distribution. Through our MDV military division, we are a leading distributor of grocery products to U.S. military commissaries.
Our client is seeking a Sr. Transportation Business Analyst
The Sr Transportation Business Analyst will combine transportation process expertise and technology knowledge of transportation systems to facilitate the translation of business needs into solutions in systems. This position plays a critical role as a consultant to the Supply Chain organization to understand business imperatives, perform feasibility analysis and to translate the business needs into requirements and functional specifications. Will also play a critical role in bridging Supply Chain with technical delivery providers, both internal within as well as external. This person will be key driver in the success of projects, ensuring that the business requirements are adequately considered in the design and delivery of solutions.
- Develop a framework for understanding transportation processes and ongoing changes and evolution of these processes.
- Develop in-depth familiarity with an assigned portfolio of transportation applications, developing knowledge of how Supply Chain business users utilize the applications as well as competence in the functionality and capability of the transportation applications.
- Stay current with the latest capabilities of the applications in the assigned portfolio of transportation applications.
- Work closely with Supply Chain users on enhancement and project requests to clearly identify and understand business needs and requirements.
- Lead requirements analysis, validation, and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, and comprehensible.
- Work with delivery team leaders and technical architects to assess the feasibility of solutions and to determine the optimal solution approach for delivery.
- Work with delivery leads on sizing of effort and cost.
- Translate business requirements into written functional and technical specifications and manage changes to the specifications. Review and sign off with business.
- Work with external systems integrators in projects and ensure that the artifacts developed by external partners are appropriate and meets business intent.
- Provide oversight to development execution and testing for complex projects or solutions.
- Collaborate with business partners to achieve user acceptance of accurate and drive completeness of tests. Work with business users and delivery partners to develop test scenarios and detailed test scripts.
- Ensure changes introduced into the applications are consistent with the strategic direction and long-term viability of the platforms. Drive simplification of solutions and minimize customization.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related business degree.
- 5+ years of experience as an IT professional with at least 2 years relevant experience in transportation applications (projects, support, etc.).
- Experience working with systems in the business functions such as Inbound, intercompany and outbound freight, Rate and contract management, Settlement, Fleet-based routing, scheduling and dispatching, Carrier appointment management/dock scheduling, Claims management, Allowance management, Maintenance.
- Experience with industry leading transportation systems such as Blue Yonder, BluJay, MercuryGate is highly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to build effective relationships with business partners and to understand and articulate business needs.
- Ability to lead and manage the work of others, particularly applications maintenance and support vendors and third parties.
- Thorough understanding of all phases of the application life cycle and solution delivery for packaged, web, and cloud-based systems.
- Ability to be flexible about project changes and dynamically mitigate risks with corrective action
- The ability to think analytically and solve problems with experience in applying complex requirements.
- Process-oriented with sound judgment, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through including the flexibility to perform in an ever-changing work environment.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Transportation principles, practices, and procedures
Our client is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.