Our client designs and builds transportationinfrastructure throughout the state of Arizona. Their extensive project portfolio includes public roadways, traffic studies, signing, lighting, accident analysis, mass transit, and more. They are hiring a Sr. Traffic Engineer to oversee a range of traffic engineering projects in the Phoenix metro area.
The Sr. Traffic Engineer will lead a team of direct reports and manage all aspects of project planning, design, and delivery. They will report directly to senior management and act as a top resource for technical and business development aspects of transportation engineering.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, annual performance bonus, PTO/paid holidays, overtime pay, 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, flexible hours, company profit-sharing, and more.
- Team of direct reports, with opportunity to lead the entire department.
- Wide variety of high-profile transportation engineering projects.
- Flexible career advancement options: opportunity to develop managerial skills and niche engineering skills.
- Team of dedicated, knowledgeable principal engineers with over 275years of combined traffic engineering experience.
- Tightly knit team, employee-centric company culture.
- Lead a team of civil engineers to successfully design and deliver traffic engineering projects, including traffic studies, planning, roadway lighting, signage, accident analysis, and more.
- Deliver presentations, bids, and proposals to prospective clients.
- Coordinate preliminary studies and analysis for large traffic engineering projects.
- Responsible for project scope, budgets, timelines, documentation, progress reports, cost estimates, and third party vendors.
- Set a high standard for project quality, deadline management, and employee safety.
- Evaluate new business opportunities alongside senior management.
- Coach and develop individual contributors within the engineering team.
- Locate opportunities to expand into new markets and sign with new public and private sector clients.
- 15+ years of experience in traffic design, especially in urban areas. Strong prior experience managing traffic engineering projects and studies.
- Understanding of technical documentation, including designs, plans, calculations, and proposals.
- Active PE license for the state of Arizona.
- BS in Civil Engineering.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills.