Sr. Trade Compliance Specialist, Tariff Classification
Senior Trade Compliance Specialist
Polaris is seeking a qualified tariff classification expert. This position requires a deep working knowledge of various country tariffs, as well as the respective country rulings, decisions, and other authoritative publications to maintain a compliant classification program.
The ideal candidate will be highly skilled at successfully arguing and defending accurate classification positions, as well as drafting, submitting, and monitoring ruling requests.
The classification Specialist will work closely with and provide guidance to classification staff located globally.
- Research and determine the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) classification for the US, Canada, EU, and Norway for finished goods, equipment, raw materials and non-production items
- Apply regulatory, judicial, international and/or local Customs' decisions/views to products being classified
- Maintain appropriate recordkeeping to support classification determinations
- Determine other government agency requirements applicable to the product
- Input classification and other government agency determinations into storage location
- Advise business units on alternate product design or sourcing options to minimize import duties applicable; assist in landed cost analysis
- Prepare various reports which assist in daily operations
- Conduct new product reviews, including classification and other government agencies regulations
- Train other employees on classification and regulation issues
- 5 years trade compliance or customs brokerage experience
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Detail-oriented understanding
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to write standard operating procedures