STV currently has an opening in our Chicago office for a Sr. Traction Power Engineer in our Rail Systems group which is part of the Transportation and Infrastructure division.
- Preparation of power system AC and DC single line diagrams, metering and relaying schemes, substation equipment layout, conduit and cable layout, equipment installation detail drawings, grounding grid layout, power distribution and lighting system design.
- Experience with DC traction power system load flow studies and the development of traction power system designs based on load flow study results.
- Preparation of budgetary construction cost estimates for power system projects.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification is a plus.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the design of ac and dc substations and power distribution systems in the electric utility or transit/railroad industry.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with others, including multidisciplinary staff in different offices.
- Knowledge of commercial AC power system analysis software (load flow, short circuit, relay coordination, grounding grid design).
- Knowledge of circuit analysis software such as SPICE, EMTP, and general purpose analysis software such a MathCAD is a plus.
- Knowledge of DC traction power system load flow analysis software is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or MicroStation.
- Project management and monitoring of project budgets.
- Knowledge of project proposal preparation is a plus