Company Details:Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment andinformation technology and services for intelligenttravel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications andnetworking and highly specializedsupport services for military andsecurity forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, wewant to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
The Senior Program Manager has extensive experience in the delivery of Tolling Back Office Systems. Incumbents in this position have experience delivering Tolling Back Office System to either a public agency or concessionaire in North America. The Program Manager is a subject matter expert with Back Office Systems, including all the interface elements such as DMV, Courts, Interoperability Systems, and understanding the interfaces and data streams coming from the Roadside Lane Systems.
Manages and coordinates large and/or complex programs through all phases of design, implementation and transition to services. Provides leadership for project management function by managing and coordinating the teams to ensure successful delivery. Operates with significant independence and minimal supervision. Will meet regularly with senior management at corporate with other top executives. Must work cooperatively with business unit client representatives, other internal stakeholders such as PMO, finance, purchasing, engineering and other departments within the organization. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for using best practice PMO methodology to create a project management plan to fit the stakeholders/customers’ needs and deliver with-in budget on desired outcomes
- Manages, oversees, monitors and approves elements of assigned programs from inception to completion including proposal development, product design, procurement, subcontracting, manufacturing, testing, delivery, installation and acceptance of products, ensuring adherence to budget, schedule and contract requirements
- Ensure on-time delivery of the deliverables across program
- Develops and maintains a project risk register and successfully manage program risk and ensures risk exposure is minimized and mitigated
- Conducts program coordination meetings and participate in program reviews.
- Plans and ensures resources are available for programs such as engineering, manpower, production, computer support and facilities
- Ensures that scope creep, communications, and quality are carefully managed
- Works with finance team to determine appropriate revenue recognition, ensures accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for the program
- Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, margins and estimate to complete on a monthly basis
- Analyzes profitability, revenue, margins, estimates to complete on a monthly basis to ensure financial targets are met
- Identifies partnership opportunities and capitalizes on “add-on” sales opportunities on the program
- Participates in marketing new technology, developing potential new business and obtaining follow-on business in conjunction with business development team
- Grow long-term relationships with customers and capitalizes on equity and partnership opportunities
- Reviews and approves technical approach, feasibility and cost estimates for projects
- Confronts issues openly and quickly
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors and peers
- Able to communicate at all levels in the customer and internal organization
- Possesses the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change
- Builds expert knowledge in our industry and conveys knowledge to others
- Evokes creative and innovative thinking from team members while helping them to bring their ideas to fruition
- Helps to determine new, creative ways to employ teams on projects and distribute responsibilities
- Works across the organization to share lessons learned and best practices
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Four-year college degree, or equivalent, in electronic, software or mechanical engineering or related technical discipline, plus a minimum of ten years of related technical or engineering experience (related to tolling system delivery) including seven years of project engineering/management, program management or other supervisory responsibility.
- Advanced engineering degree or MBA is preferred.
- Extensive experience in Roadside All Electronic Tolling Systems and their interfaces.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desirable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional program teams.
- Proven understanding of engineering, operations (procurement, subcontracting, and manufacturing), system integration and test, quality assurance, configuration management, logistics, contract administration, standard business practices, finance, and the relationship of programs within a portfolio.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, make presentations and conduct negotiations with customers, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Requires knowledge of government procurement, contracting, and standards and specifications.
- Must be available for travel, both domestic and international.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.