Sr Title Escrow Officer is responsible for the day-to-day licensed activities of Title operations. Sr Title Escrow Officer ensures the direction, management and performance of the licensed Title activities in production and knowledge of procedures and systems. They must be a possess a superior working knowledge of all aspects of licensed activities, including being responsible for regulatory compliance and TDI audit management.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day-to day management of on-site Title operations, setting daily/weekly goals for the team to ensure the proper handling of all title orders, QC, title curative and all client inquries/escallations are successfully resolved.
- Continuously monitor daily volume (WIP) to ensure orders are distributed properly amoung team members to operate the team at maximum efficiency to meet bugetary goals. Makes staff level recomendations to address with Leadership and HR.
- Complete/Review title commitments and search reports for accuracy and assure items are accounted for including but not limited to legal description, open mortgages, judgments, updated payoffs, taxes, HOA etc.
- Recognize any defects, exceptions and special requiremenst and work to to clear the issues timely while effectively notating all systems to track progress.
- Manages and approves team lead and title services representative timecards, work and PTO requests and adjusts as needed for anticipated order volume.
- Conduct team meetings to communicate new processes, improvements, and training as needed.
- Review new and current employee training and performance and counsel/reward as appropriate.
- Perform any additional tasks as assigned.
- College degree with industry experience is required. Escrow Agent licensure and 5+ years' experience within the Title industry and real estate industry required. ALTA best practices experience preferred. Experience with mortgage documents and title clearance processes. Must possess proven leadership and management experience. Familiarity with TDI/TLTA practices. Understanding of Title & Escrow process from end to end. well versed in title, escrow and policy.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel and Word); Knowledge of client-based systems; Attention to detail; Motivated and positive team player; Leadership skills; Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills; Ability to problem solve in a growing, expanding business; Ability to multi-task in fast-pace environment. Ability to manage deadlines, timelines, and create and execute plans to achieve daily, short-term, and long-term goals.
- Manages 0-3 direct report and team of 3-20 staff.
Prior Work Experience
- Technical: 5 - 8 years
- Supervisory: 1 - 3 years
Education and Credentials
- Required: Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred: Master's Degree
- Other Certifications:: Prefer Master's degree or higher;Title Agent License required at date of hire.