Senior leader within the Third-Party Risk Management (TPRM) function of Risk Management with responsibility for leading, implementing policies and procedures, and continuously advancing the TPRM program. This role provides critical support for managing enterprise-wide operational, legal and regulatory risks arising from doing business with third parties, including cyber-security, privacy, financial, reputational risk, geopolitical, business continuity and other areas of potential concern. Additional responsibilities for coaching and development of an analyst team responsible for conducting risk assessments related to third parties’ ability to adhere to T-Mobile policies and standards, and other expectations as appropriate to the relationship. Individual contributor role with operational people management responsibilities.
In order to be effective as a Senior Manager, TPRM, you will need to work effectively across the enterprise to prioritize, negotiate and coordinate risk assessments, escalations and remediation plans with management, senior leadership and other stakeholders, including Corporate Information Security, Legal, Privacy, Procurement, Cloud Governance, Compliance, Financial Services, Business Owners and other SMEs.
STUFF WE'LLTRUSTYOU WITH
Requires competency in customer focus, change innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building, influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Responsible for ensuring risk assessments are performed in a timely and quality manner and in accordance with company policies and standards. Lead, coach and develop a set of professionals focused on third-party risk management, including work product, partner relationships and best practices. Successfully lead team members to high productivity and effectiveness levels by providing clear vision, strategic direction and supporting career development. Serve as an escalation point of contact.
- Advise on complex and high profile third-party risk assessments and proposed engagements. Consult for and collaborate with executive leadership, multiple business function management and subject matter experts on third party risks, opportunities, uncertainties, options and potential responses. Apply strong risk management, business, operational and industry expertise to role and provide well-reasoned analyses and recommendations on risk treatment issues (both programmatic and ad-hoc).
- Lead, participate and partner in the ongoing development of the TPRM program, priorities and policies, gap needs and maturity lifecycle. Actively participate in industry groups, developing and providing thought leadership in third-party risk management.
- Capable of designing, generating and evaluating reports and reporting tools to advance TPRM program and intelligence across the enterprise. Recognizing macro and micro third-party risk issues and their implications internally and across the industry, including risk rating mythologies, modeling, automation and tolerance-setting strategies.
- Ability to communicate, promote awareness and engage others across the enterprise on TPRM programs and procedures. Assist stakeholders in implementing controls or procedures to comply with or develop customized TPRM policies and procedures, and collaboratively resolve problems or concerns through advocacy and positive engagement.
- Also responsible for other duties and projects, as assigned.
STUFFYOU TELLPEOPLEAT PARTIES
- Deep educational, professional and experiential background. At least seven (7) years of professional experience in a large corporate environment in operations, finance, legal, audit, information security or risk management. At least three (3) years leading cross-functional initiatives, projects or programs.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, in a highly-technical, multi-stakeholder environment demonstrating skill in presenting issues, observations and recommendations.
- Analyze and organize complex information from specific and diverse subject content areas, identifying key issues, assessing impact and drawing reasonable conclusions.
- Proven ability to rapidly learn new concepts and ideas and contextualize disparate information across broad, multifunctional risk domains. Ability to absorb and analyze business processes throughout the company and consider interaction and dependencies among processes.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, adapt to a constantly changing business environment, work independently, drive projects to completion and meet deadlines with light-touch supervision.
- Proven ability to broker or steer difficult political situations, network effectively and comfortably interact with senior management. Strong ability to influence behaviors and decisions at all levels of the enterprise.
- Strong research, analysis and computer skills, including the use of productivity, intelligence and other business software to prepare reports, memoranda, summaries, and analyses.
- Ability to thrive within the T-Mobile culture and organization while fostering and promoting effective strategies for getting complex, interdependent projects or programs done across organizational units.
• At least 18 years of age.
• Legally authorized to work in the United States.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher. Graduate Degree desired