The Sr. Test Technician independently performs a wide variety of tests as outlined by engineers, ensuring that all results are carefully documented.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Efficiently performs mechanical testing with minimal supervision from engineers or managers.
- Documents data in spreadsheets. Graphs results and performs calculations in Excel. Documents test procedures, results, and conclusions clearly andconcisely.
- Proactively communicates status and issues. Reports issues quickly, accurately, and clearly.
- Programs and sets up data acquisition equipment.
- Uses 3D CAD to create part files and fixtures.
- Organizes, coordinates, and executes testing of products per engineering instructions. Directs other technicians to complete testing.
- Recommends test methods and parameters to maximize data accuracy, minimize test time, and meet customer needs.
- Sets up and performs gage R&R’s to assess test repeatability.
- Trains other technicians and openly shares knowledge with others.
- Possesses significant depth of knowledge in at least one complex test area.
- Acts as a resource to other employees.
- Researches and selects new test equipment. Creates new tests. Makes changes to the test plans and procedures.
- Makes recommendations on how to improve our testing and analysis capability.
- Makes creative and sound recommendations on how to improve testing and machine/software performance.
- Troubleshoots tests and machines and solves issues with part building.
- Maintains a clean lab environment.
- Demonstrates continuous growth in his or her field of expertise. Keeps up to date on new test equipment and analysis techniques.
- Demonstrates commitment to Stratasys Core Values by leading, acting and behaving in a manner consistent with these values.
- Follows all company safety policies and procedures and attends all safety trainings related to the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Education, Skills and Experience:
- Must be a US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident.
- 2-year Associate Degree in a mechanical field or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years experience in a mechanical testing position.
- Experience running software products for data acquisition and analysis. Experience with Excel and Word.
- Knowledge and understanding of test equipment and instruments used for hardware testing.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and independently.
- Ability to multitask to keep multiple tests going at the same time.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Work is typically performed in a temperature controlled, inside environment.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stand for extended periods of time
- Lifting 25 lbs from 5.5 ft heights down to 2.5 ft surfaces
- Bend to perform arm and hand work at 2 ft heights
- Work with small tools on complex projects
- Temperature hazard – working with arms and hands (gloved) in up to 550 degree F ovens
- Travel requirement: N/A