The Senior Test Software Engineer reports directly to the Manager, Modulator & PLC Engineering and is responsible for either Lumentum Modulator & PLC Test Software development activities. The Engineer will promote, embrace and execute Lumentum Core Values and Guiding Principles and actively support the Company’s vision and goals.
- Delivering innovative test system solutions for internal/external customer specifications and requirements.
- Deliverables also include all the supporting documentation, test plans and procedures, acceptance test procedures, GR&R improvements, SPC robustness, test verification.
- Closely monitoring the progress of your deliverables and align priorities as appropriate to maintain on-time project deliverables.
- Concept generation of new methods and techniques to progress the knowledge and best practices of the Test Engineering organization.
- Review and develop comprehensive training plans for new and current employees to maximize the required skillsets for the test engineering development.
- Production support of issues, delegation and escalation as required.
- Engineering release and/or engineering change review.
- Working with Product Engineering on customer corrective actions or RMAs as needed.
- BS degree Engineering program and 1-5 years of work experience in a Test Engineering.
- Thorough knowledge of test software/test equipment and software development in a manufacturing and assembly operations environment.
- At least 3 years of Test Engineering experience is required, preferably in an Optical Engineering environment.
- Working knowledge of 100G/200G DP-QPMZ, 200G/400G dual-carrier DP-QPMZ modulators, PLC, test methods and software development (C#.Net if preferred).
- Optical engineering experience preferred, Datacom/Telecom experience desired.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple project/tasks assignments in a high paced and exciting environment as well as identifying and removing roadblocks. Must have a proven track record to drive meet deliverables and commitments on-time.
- High level of understanding of robust engineering tools/methods, i.e. DFMEA, 8D, GRR, SPC
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills where problems are usually technically challenging.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated with a strong sense of personal ownership and a team attitude.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with cross functional teams and an ability to motivate others to align with business goals.
- Travel to manufacturing sites 10% of the business time will be expected.