Do you have an eye for detail and enjoy working with amazing products and tools? Join us in championing and protecting explorers and heroes! As a Test Engineer at SNC, you will be using your skills and expertise to simulate, test, certify and improve cutting edge products and services. These cover a very wide range from advanced mission payloads and electronic systems through highly integrated aircraft to orbital and space exploration systems. You'll develop complex test plans and procedures for a variety of systems to ensure the verification and validation of all product requirements. You will also be involved with the execution of the tests using top industry tools. As a cross functional engineer, you'll test system and component level new products and develop new test processes throughout the product lifecycle.
At SNC’s Integrated Mission Systems (IMS) team we are an agile, high-caliber contractor that engineers, builds, integrates, modifies and supports turnkey air- and ground-based Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) products and services. Our years of experience supporting the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, commercial and international customers have established us as the systems integrator of choice.
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Engineering or other related discipline and typically 10 or more years of experience
- Must possess extensive experience in Link-16, Situational Awareness Data Link (SADL), and Variable Message Format (VMF) testing.
- Must have extensive knowledge of TDL Military Standards (MIL-STD).
- Must possess extensive experience using TDL test tools such as BOSS, TIGR, VTT, NSITE, etc.
- Experience testing Cursor on Target (CoT) implementation is desired.
- Thorough technical understanding of testing methodologies and state-of-the-art automated and semi-automated test equipment.
- Experienced with environmental testing including qualification, reliability and first-article testing
- Ability to prepare complex test procedures with a test equipment design background
- Training on specific hardware and technologies will be performed on the job by the Test Manager; however the Test Engineer must have demonstrated basic knowledge of electronic circuits and troubleshooting and knowledge of electronic test equipment
- Technical problem solving skills and ability to develop innovative technical solutions.
- Ability to prepare complex test procedures with a test equipment design background.
- Ability to work successfully in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment emphasizing rapid prototyping and fielding of capabilities, with minimal supervision.
- Subject Matter Expertise in AbMN SAMS-ESA & ISR mission systems.
- Experience testing, troubleshooting and certifying SAMS-ESA mission systems and software.
- Experience utilizing Simple Key Loader (SKL) to Load COMSEC on various communications devices.
- Experience in controlling electronic data collection systems using nonconventional modification hardware and plan, develop, construct, and integrate new devices into the systems.
- Experience conducting TDL software testing in accordance with the Software Test Plan (STP).
- Ability to support the Test Manager in identifying capital and contract STE and test fixtures in support of test equipment near-term demands and forecast.
- Identify software deficiencies during testing and properly report in accordance with the Software Development Plan (SDP)/Software Configuration Management Plan (SCMP).
- Ability to interface directly with the Program Managers, Systems Engineers and Project Engineers to assist in the development of Test procedures, including First Article, Reliability, Environmental, Production and Acceptance Testing.
- Provide technical support for off-site environmental, integration and acceptance testing requirements.
- Maintain a high level of competence by staying abreast of state-of-the-art testing methods and technologies.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required