Responsible for manufacturing engineering activities, corrective and preventative actions related to manufacturing non-conformances / issues, documentation, cost reduction, interface with engineering, quality, product management and, service, and training of manufacturing personnel. Supports LEAN culture focusing on standardization, quality, improved performance and increased throughput.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Investigate and solve manufacturing issues as they occur; implement corrective and preventative actions.
- Champions LEAN culture and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Create and maintain manufacturing job element sheets, test procedures, work instructions, and master process documents.
- Design manufacturing fixtures as required.
- Develop process and test protocols for automated equipment and manual processes.
- Fixture / equipment validation.
- Establish and maintain routings, control BOM changes, and maintain BOM configuration dates.
- Drive cost reduction projects to meet requirements of Value Engineering initiatives.
- Perform validation testing on new products and changes to existing products.
- Represent manufacturing engineering in all design review and stage gate review meetings.
- Primary liaison with engineering on new products and engineering issues
- Responsible for seeing that engineering changes are validated and implemented in manufacturing.
- Responsible for authoring key documentation required for stage gate new product process.
- Complies with and ensures department compliance with all Company, policies and procedures.
- Other duties as required.
- BS Electrical Engineering or BS Mechanical Engineering
- 10+ years related experience in a discreet manufacturing environment – ideally with extensive hands-on experience troubleshooting electro-mechanical systems to sub-assembly level and/or electronic instruments and systems to a component level on printed circuit board assemblies. Prefer manufacturing experience in X-Ray systems, FT-IR, Raman, Gas Chromatography, or Mass Spectroscopy technologies OR 10+ years developing automated test equipment leveraging contemporary mechatronic technologies. Ideal candidate has experience with PLCs, robots, augmented reality, etc.
- Experience in technical writing or writing quality procedures or process procedures or assembly instructions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills including Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook; CAD based systems; SAP or equivalent) is preferred.
- Ability to read and generate schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Familiarity with test equipment for troubleshooting and validation (Min. - oscilloscope and multimeter).
- First-hand knowledge of ISO 9001 and Lean Manufacturing.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, and successfully manage multiple projects, priorities, and responsibilities.
- The individual's primary workplace is located in the Edgewood production facility there are no exposures to unusual elements.
- The individual is chartered to work closely with unionized production associates which necessitates being mindful of the rules of the Collective Bargaining Agreement – including respecting Union work.
- Must be a U.S. citizen to be eligible for consideration on this opportunity.