$100K — $150K *
A Sr Test Engineer job in Middletown, CT is currently available through Belcan. This is a permanent / direct position with our key aerospace client. In this role, you will be responsible for the development of manual and automated testing systems which include electrical design, automation software development, troubleshooting and maintaining all aspects including documentation. To be considered you will have a Bachelor"s degree in engineering required, Master"s preferred, and 7 to 10 years related experience.
* System design with the ability to plan, specify and carry out development of a new test systems from quote through acceptance. Responsible for cost, schedules and technical performance of assigned projects.
* Circuit design: using sound theoretical and analytics using circuit simulators (such as PSPICE or equivalent electronic analysis tools), schematic capture and circuit board layout using an integrated design tool such as Altium or ORCAD.
* Through the extensive use of LabVIEW software development, maintain software using techniques of source control. The ability to comment code for maintainability as well as provide theory of operations when applicable is required.
* Analyze problems using tools such as design of experiments (DOE), root cause analysis and corrective actions (RCCA) while capturing best practices and lessons learned.
* Conduct design reviews for hardware and software as well as documentation packages consisting of schematics, production procedures and calibration procedures.
* Establish and maintain effective communications with internal/external customers to facilitate problem identification/resolution. Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, on design and/or test system repair concepts through a diverse subject matter as well as with company employees and customers.
* The ability to apply sound engineering practices and mathematics to solve problems not limited to electrically, software and mechanically systems.
* Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance.
Sr Test Engineer Requirements:
* Bachelor"s degree in engineering required. Master"s preferred.
* 7 to 10 years related experience.
* Ability to implement engineering designs from concept to final hardware.
* Working knowledge of MS office suite products, including MS Project software.
* Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field.
* Fluent verbal/written communication skills.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Valid through: 7/16/2020