Careers that Change Lives
We seek out and hire a diverse workforce at every level: We need fresh ideas and inclusive insights to continue to be an innovative industry leader - that's why we make it a point to seek out, attract and develop employees who are patient-centric, passionate, and who represent the same wide variety of life experiences as our patients. The Neurovascular Group
develops life-restoring therapies and healthcare solutions that span the care continuum; integrating technologies and applying clinical and economic evidence to increase patient access, improve efficiency of procedures and deliver successful patient outcomes. A Day in the Life
This position has the responsibility and authority to develop strategies, create and perform verification & validation activities for software and systems to ensure Medtronic's cutting edge medical products meet our user's needs and our quality and reliability standards. This position requires application of technical expertise to independently determine and develop approaches to solve complex technical problems with ingenuity and creativity. Work is performed only under general direction.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Lead testing activities on medical device software and systems projects.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other test engineers.
- Contribute to department wide test strategies.
- Create project specific test strategies and approaches.
- Create, develop and maintain test software.
- Create, maintain, execute and document test plans, protocols and test cases.
- Participate in all phases of product development as needed such as reviewing requirements, design, usability, risk assessment and defects.
- Design and implement automated testing.
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Create, validate and maintain a test environment.
- Participate in defect tracking and analysis.
- Troubleshoot, debug, maintain, and support existing products.
- Effectively communicate findings, problems and solutions to project teams and stakeholders.
- Collaborate and maintain excellent working relationships with team members and stakeholders.
- All activities must be performed in compliance with the Quality System.
- Performs duties in compliance with environmental, health and safety related site rules, policies or governmental regulations.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Travel requirement: 10-20%
Nice to Have
- Bachelors degree required in a technical engineering field
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- BS / BA in Engineering or Computer Science
- Proven leadership skills and mentoring capabilities.
- Able to handle multiple tasks/projects and manage priorities.
- Experience with test automation including GUI, integration and stress testing and designing and implementing test automation frameworks.
- Experience with Agile and iterative development practices
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with business and technical audiences.
- Proficiency with C++, Linux, Python and other technical tools.
- Understanding of FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR).
- Knowledge of applicable AAMI, ISO, FDA and EN standards
- Knowledge of statistical method and basic understanding of GD&T
- Project management skills including planning, estimation and requirements management.
- Experience working with off-shore teams.
- Self-motivated with strong problem solving skills and the ability to work independently.
- Knowledge and experience in software and/or hardware design, development, debug and test practices.
- Experience testing and developing test fixtures/test approaches.
- Experience working in a regulated environment.
- Experience with X-ray imaging and medical navigation systems About Medtronic
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)