We are looking for Sr. Test Engineer for our client in Denver, CO
Job Title: Sr. Test Engineer
Job Location: Denver, CO
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Interacts with other engineering groups to define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret tests for products, systems, components, or modifications.
- Identifies functional problems and suggests resolutions. Assists in the definition of internal quality control standards and the maintenance of reliability programs.
- Analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports.
- Strong familiarity with test methodologies, test automation, formulation and implementation of software testing strategies, and preparation and review of test plans, test reports, scripting.
- Experience with HP-ALM as a project administrator strongly desired
- Strong familiarity with a variety of software development methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall and a strong understanding of the suitability of these methodologies for certain development environments and types of applications.
- Understanding of program and project management methodologies and their application.
- Comfortable in a "hands on" role, driving application testing to completion, and be capable of working closely with the technical leads to monitor the progress of assigned work.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical aptitude.
- Strong leadership skills in product or application test methodologies and the ability to mentor team members on the implementation of those methodologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge around metrics as it pertains to product and application deliverables (quality) and work effort (time).
- May require a bachelor's degree and at least 6 years or equivalent experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
- May lead and direct the work of Contractor staff. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Strong communication, organizational, prioritization and leadership skills.