Jabil is looking for an experienced Test Engineer to become part of its growing Test Development team. As a Senior Test Development Engineer, you will be required to take ownership of assigned projects, developing test strategies, test plans, test hardware and automation software, as well as implementation of the test solutions at the desired manufacturing site or in design verification lab.
You will work closely with customers and Jabil’s extended cross-functional teams (design, test, manufacturing, PMO, Quality) to deliver design and manufacturing test solutions.
You will be a strong team player and play a critical part in defining future test strategies for the Test Development Engineering team at Jabil.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop manufacturing and design verification test plans for PCBA’s supporting Systems used for Semiconductor manufacturing processes. Analyze test plans generated by customers and by other Jabil groups from the test coverage, test time and cost efficiency stand point. Evaluate new test methods and strategies to help customers improve efficiency, quality and reduce cost.
- Develop test equipment solutions for Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment PCBA’s including EtherCAT controllers, Temperature controllers, MUX boards, using both off-the-shelf equipment and custom designed hardware (test fixtures, test PCBAs). Work closely with test equipment vendors as well as with test hardware developers on defining, designing, developing and optimizing test hardware solutions.
- Develop test software solutions for PCBA’s (EtherCAT/Temperature controllers, MUX boards, etc) by either defining test software requirements for the test software developers or by performing hands-on coding.
- Develop test plans and test solutions for other products used in semiconductor manufacturing industry
- Perform hands-on design verification testing of product prototypes in R&D labs. Develop test automation scripts for design verification activities. Leverage that experience for manufacturing test solution development and implementation.
- Provide support to Jabil’s global manufacturing test engineering teams by working closely with them on manufacturing test solution development, optimization, implementation and support. Travel globally to Jabil’s and customer’s sites to support these activities.
- Generate the following types of documentation: test plans, test specifications, test hardware requirements and descriptions, test equipment lists, test procedures, debug/troubleshooting manuals, test capability presentations, etc.
- Train and mentor other test engineers, test/diagnostic technicians and test operators.
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis /troubleshooting activities on NPI and volume product in test. Perform data analysis to find patterns and issues with product test performance.
- Work closely with Business Development teams on educating customers about Jabil’s test capabilities and help Business Development secure new business opportunities. Assist in developing budgets, and quoting of projects to Business Unit Managers.
- Work with extended teams to develop project schedules and execute projects to completion
- Experience with board level test of digital PCBA’s.
- Experience with a broad range of standard test equipment used for PCBA level test: high speed scopes (e.g. digital communication analyzers), DMM’s, Ethernet switches, Data Acquisition cards, Frequency Generators/Counters, Terminal Servers, etc.
- Experience with developing test automation software/scripts using the following languages: Python, Matlab, Test Stand, LabVIEW, C/C++, C#. Experience with other programming languages is an asset as well.
- Experience with TwinCAT PLC software application.
- Experience with support of manufacturing sites, where semiconductor manufacturing equipment products are built and tested, is an asset. Good understanding of the end-to-end manufacturing test strategies (pre-FT, FT, ST, ESS) is also an asset. Good understanding of the differences between manufacturing test and design verification test is a valuable skill as well.
- Some experience with functional testing of PCBAs is desirable. Basic understanding of structural/ manufacturing defects, which are typically observed on the PCBAs, is a plus.
- Experience in developing cost effective test stations for volume manufacturing.
- Strong Root Cause Analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Fluent in use of standard Microsoft Office tools.
- Works well within a team environment – a true team player!
- Self-starter, highly motivated and with strong desire of accountability and ownership.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Electrical Engineering Degree (MSc. Preferred) or equivalent
- Past experience of 5+ years in test engineering in a manufacturing environment is a must.
- Willingness to travel world-wide up to 30% of the time.