Seeking a Senior Test Automation Engineer to be a member of this highly effective group of plant professionals. Your leadership will ensure that the organization's core values of developing quality products and ensuring a safe and productive work environment are maintained.
You’re someone who enjoys collaborating and providing support to production, engineering, marketing, and sales to effectively address customer concerns, manufacturing problems, and other product support.
You are highly motivated to demonstrate results and achieve excellence while being surrounded by others who inspire innovation through process improvement and cost reduction. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
The position is responsible for building and maintaining an automated test planform used to verify and validate the proper implementation of product specifications for various electronic and software products.
In addition, this individual will play an important role in the decision-making team for the Controls Manufacturing Division of Rain Bird, working with key individuals across the company to establish and maintain the quality standards for the division.
He or she will also be required to personally lead the test effort of one or more significant projects. Frequent coordination with and travel to the development facility in San Diego, CA is required.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Participation in all phases of development, implementation, and support: requirements analysis, documentation, design, implementation, product builds, testing, and field support
- Participation in the definition of test cases, development of test procedures, test automation, test execution, and test reporting, per plan and schedule
- Design and implementation of automated test scripts
- Specify and setup hardware test equipment, including data acquisition equipment
- Monitor and calibrate test equipment to insure that all processes are operating correctly
- Ensure that good QA practices are followed throughout the product development lifecycle
- Coordinate with engineering and marketing departments to develop product performance and quality specifications
- Participation in cross-functional design review and code review teams
- Maintain and continually improve the quality management system in the areas assigned with a “risk management” approach
- Assure compliance to company procedures, policies and most current revision of ISO 9001 standard
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong technical abilities and the potential to move into a leadership role.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of design and development experience in software/firmware
- Previous experience in developing test automation platforms and writing test scripts (C, C#, Perl, Python, Java or similar programming languages)
- Experience in the development of functional test plans and procedures
- Experience in use of advanced testing tools; e.g. Oscilloscopes, Power Source, power meter, etc.
- Possesses knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures used for testing embedded firmware
- High energy and an enthusiastic attitude, desire for continued learning, and a willingness to take on difficult challenges
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrated success in participating in cross-functional teams involving all aspects of medium to large size engineering projects
- Prior experience of automating with NI TestStand
- Prior experience of testing and automating the tests for mobile apps (preferably using Ranorex).
- Experience with HP’s Quality Center test management software
- Experience with irrigation products.