Job Purpose/ Role
Responsible for understanding and translating automation requirements into conceptual solutions and designs, developing automation solutions and providing ongoing support and maintenance. Interacts closely with Automation team members, QA and application development teams. Leads and mentors Test Automation Engineers .
- Planning: Understands requirements from the project team; leads the conceptual design discussions for assigned work in collaboration with Automation team members and other IT team members including employee and vendor partners both on and offshore, ensuring that the automation solution is viable and designed appropriately to solve the requirements.
- Creates solutions for complex modules/ideas. Provides automation estimates to the senior team members for review and submission, and provides input to the Delivery Schedule.
- Design/Development/Test: Documents detailed designs for automation solutions, codes/configures utilizing approved Automation tools , conducts unit tests, defect analysis and resolution, supports testing of solutions byQA and UAT and peer reviews work done by junior team members and monitors the progress on their tasks. Leads Design walkthrough
- sessions, solution demos, code review sessions and training sessions. Adheres to the standards with respect totools, framework, scripting and versioning techniques as directed by Automation Architects. Performs maintenance to existing solutions including updating documentation.
- Communication: Responsible for assessing and communicating status of activities. Leads and guides junior team members in the documentation of Automation training materials.
- Continuous Improvement: Helps open opportunities to uplift the test Automation capability and contributes to their implementation through supporting change, innovation and improvements
Key Requirements/ Skills
- 4-5 years experience required: Software Engineering
- Development with focus on Quality Assurance testing and Automation Testing.
- Four-year degree required: BS/BA computer science, related discipline, or experience equivalent