The NPHS mission is to advance the diagnosis and treatment of disease through the use of radiopharmaceuticals and new biotracers. For over a quarter of a century, the Nuclear Pharmacy Services business of Cardinal Health has set the standard for the radiopharmaceutical industry. Nuclear Pharmacy Services, whose network of over 150 pharmacies fills 65% of radiopharmaceutical unit doses nationwide, has consistently demonstrated leadership through innovation and a commitment to excellence.
The position is responsible for managing Cardinal’s Nuclear Pharmacy specified Region of the United States. He or she will manage direct sales to promote Cardinal Health’s NPHS solutions to achieve their revenue plan and objectives. Within the assigned Accounts, the Region Area Manager is responsible for developing the NPHS business and building relationships with all executive stakeholders, identifying and managing Key Opinion Leaders, growing NPHS top line revenue to meet or exceed budget and profit plan expectations while ensuring appropriate after sales support.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Meet or exceed the annual revenue goals in the assigned accounts by developing and executing against account specific business plans, strategies, and knowledge of business drivers for customers
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability in the coordination and deployment of all Cardinal NPHS resources in accordance with the business plan to achieve financial and strategic objectives
Strategies & Tactics-
- Lead the development of key stakeholder relationships, scientific and executive, that enhance the overall value for our customers to conduct business with Cardinal Health that enables profitable growth
- Lead and direct the development and implementation of specific strategies and tactics that achieve overall annual revenue growth and profit objectives
- Acts as a project manager to drive sales and marketing activities with customers in the form of, but not limited to, technical education and training, collaborative customer meetings, sales, and marketing collateral utilization, outreach opportunities, and research and study opportunities
- Responsible for the promotion, pricing, and positioning of Cardinal NPHS portfolio
- Business Acumen—knowledgeable about current and future issues that could affect the organization
- Customer Focus— dedication to the customer and earns their trust and respect
- Negotiating—can win concessions without jeopardizing relationships
- Organizational Agility—knows how to go through the proper channels to get things done
- Peer Relationship—cooperative, team player, trusted and supported by peers
- Planning—sets specific goals and objectives, ability to plan for length and difficulty of assignments, ability to break down projects into specific tasks/steps, highly organized with proven time management and prioritization skills
- Presentation Skills—effective in all settings such as one-on-ones, with small or large groups, with peers or executives
- Priority Setting—focuses on what is most important, ability to manage multiple commitments and deadlines
- Timely Decision Making—decisions can be made quickly even under tight deadlines and pressure
- Written Communications—effectively communicates in writing
- Ability to handle the pressure of meeting tight deadlines
- Demonstrated customer focus with a proven track record of delivering solutions and results of reciprocal value
- Proven interpersonal and presentation skills for building both internal and external relationships
- Proven ability to develop and deliver business plans, reports, and presentations
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present new business prospects, concepts, recommendations, and solutions to senior management
- Superior execution abilities, motivated self-starter with a keen ability to deliver what needs to be done to meet objectives, prioritize and plan work, delegate appropriately, establish and achieve goals, objectives, and timelines
- Demonstrated innovation; original thinking and creativity; meet challenges with resourcefulness; and project a positive attitude that influences others
- Strategic thinking; create and execute a strategy with the ability to adjust plans in mid-course when necessary
- Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and sales force automation
- Ability to forge high level relationships within customer networks
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects. Key skillsets required include communicating for results, project management, negotiation expertise, analytical skills, leadership, and results-driven behavior
- Excellent leadership and strong management skills. Ability to interface with a wide range of individuals to solve problems and implement solutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial/business principles/profitability
- Ability to adhere to high ethical standards, possess the ability to excel in a highly competitive environment, demonstrate process and customer orientation, and be results driven
- Direct sales experience – overcoming objections, leveraging relationships and resources, developing and executing account- and territory-specific sales strategies
- Experience developing and executing market-leading offensive strategies and competitive defense strategies.
- Strong communication skills for interaction with internal and external customers. Ability to readily construct succinct communications that are persuasive and effective.
- Demonstrated strength in applying analysis and logic, with ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance of, others in complex situations.
- Consistent demonstration of professionalism, desire to succeed, confidence; in a proactive and self-motivated manner.
- Established track record of leading, without authority, in a way that inspires others and achieves business objectives; proven success as an individual contributor and team member.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5-8 years’ experience in health care services, medical products sales or equivalent.
- Min 6 years related sales experience
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organization
- Polished presentation skills
- Ability to travel 30% -50% required
- Proven product knowledge in business area
- Valid driver's license
- Proven product knowledge in NPHS business area is a “plus”
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.