The Territory Account Manager's role is to ensure achievement of territory sales objectives in line with the Company's mission; to develop and implement sales plans through both strategic and tactical activities; and to provide regular feedback on status of specific sales opportunities, the market and competitor activities.
Candidates will ideally reside in the Columbus, Cincinnati, or Cleveland metro areas.
All About You
Preferred Experiential Background:
- Knowledge of clinical and research applied genetics and genomics is required.
- 3+ years or equivalent of proven life science capital salesexperience.
- Experience in a capital sales strategic selling environment.
- Demonstrated track record in lead generation and prospecting.
- Highly adaptable and independent.
- Strong desire to win business and establish long-term customer relationships.
- Previous demonstrated success with complex sales and within in multi-layered environment preferred
- Work remotely, out of a Home office, >50% travelrequired
- Development of a territory and account-specific sales plan.
- Execution of plan to meet assigned sales quotas.
- Utilization and maintenance of CRM database.
- Deliver technical/scientific seminars and presentations on Illumina products and their capabilities.
- Demonstrate role and relevance of Illumina’s product portfolio and provide consultation to customers on same.
- Demonstrate command of scientific knowledge to engage in collaborative sales process.
- Partner cross-functionally across company to appropriately address the needs of customer base.
- Engage customers in complex sales environment.
- Successfully navigate and manage a multi-tiered sales process for both capital equipment, consumables, and services.
- Engage in accurate forecasting and sales pipeline management activities.
- Effectively prospect and generate new customer leads.
- Manage existing and continuously work to expand customer base.
- Develop and maintain strong customer connections at various levels in the organization.
- Understanding of next generation sequencing and genotyping is the foundation of the position and the portfolio
- Life Science Degree is required, advanced degreepreferred