Sr. Telecom Regulatory Legal Counsel
5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Job Title: Sr. Telecom Regulatory Legal Counsel - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Herndon, VA
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- International telecommunications company seeking licensed senior attorney to join its Legal Department to work on international and domestic telecommunications regulatory matters in multiple countries.
- Supported companies provide subsea cable capacity, international and domestic voice services, MPLS, Internet transit, VOIP, IOT, MVNE and other cutting-edge services such as mobile payment services and unified communications platforms.
- Regulatory licensing
- Ongoing regulatory compliance, including advising commercial attorneys and product managers on regulatory issues and providing input on regulatory sections of complex commercial agreements;
- Preparing complex external regulatory reports; and,
- Interacting and negotiating with government officials, customers, and suppliers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Law license
- 5+ years legal experience with a telecommunications company or in telecommunications at a major law firm
- Engineering background a plus
- Familiarity with principles of accounting a plus
- Basic understanding of trending emerging technologies a plus
- Significant knowledge of general regulatory and corporate law
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work autonomously and manage multiple matters/projects and persons across a range of relevant jurisdictions and time-zones