We’re looking for someone smart, tenacious, and enthusiastic who can own a beat, break news, and spin up investigative pieces and features. This is not a job for a beginner or for someone who just wants to cover product announcements and quarterly earnings statements. (Though you’ll weigh in on those too.) The right reporter for this role is someone eager to unearth stories that otherwise may never have come to light, and can show how decisions made by tech industry affect billions of people worldwide, shaping our society and culture.
BuzzFeed's Tech desk is a highly ambitious one, and successful candidates will share that drive and passion. We are looking for a strong reporter and writer with a demonstrated ability to land scoops, advance stories and pen thoughtful narratives. You should have a deep list of contacts and sources in the industry and a never-ending supply of story ideas to draw on.
We are building a team that is diverse in many ways, and want to cast a wide net. We offer competitive compensation and a stock option program. Also, we have a lot of fun.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter that outlines how you would approach this beat, and include links to 5 examples of what you consider your best work.
- Several years experience as a reporter with professional news organizations
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate sources and dig up stories no one else is telling
- A talent for writing both hard news and features
- Camera ready copy
- An ability to spot a scoop and run it down
- Genuine enthusiasm for reporting
- A skeptical eye for bullshit.