We invite you to explore the award-winning culture, people, rewards and opportunities that make Comerica Bank so special. Make your next career choice a confident one.
Senior Technology Manager
The Senior Technology Manager will have end-to-end accountability for an application suite including; Business Partner Relationship management for Technology Payment products and services; Agile and DevOps product delivery and testing; Product APIs; Business platforms such as Account Analysis, ARI/ARP, Business Deposit Capture, Cash Vault, Check, Lockbox, Payments - Other and Level 3 application support.
- Partner with corporate functional leaders and execute a technology strategy that will enhance overall business capabilities.
- Stay abreast of technology industry trends and best practices.
- Continuously transform the organization to increase efficiencies and reduce overall expense.
- Partner with innovation team to test an learn emerging technology and its viable applicability to enhance corporate business capabilities.
Delivery Planning and Execution
- Create, prioritize, plan and execute portfolio/product roadmaps through collaboration with Product Management and DevOps, including the on-going resequencing of projects in the portfolio roadmap as priorities shift.
- Complete 90% of projects within 5-10% of approved funding and 1 month of baselined completion date.
- Reduce time to market by utilizing Agile methodologies and/or applying.
- Provides insights on risks based on broad experience. Develops project risk profile, mitigation plan and contingency plan.
- Surface issues and risks; escalate for resolution.
- Lead integration and synergy between architecture/technology planning and development initiatives, providing direction and decisions in application development to support platforms.
- Cultivate good system management disciplines including clearly defined and documented roles and responsibilities, documented phase processes and checkpoint and detailed planning for system deployment.
- Ensures compliance and control activities support technology and enterprise business objectives and are aligned with executive risk tolerances and expectations.
- Ensures processes and controls within assigned area to enhance performance, security, reliability and availability of systems.
- Drive a continuous improvement and compliant culture through documented policies, procedures and architecture.
- Leads large size technical project teams-Project or programs that span the enterprise.
- Manage the financials of the assigned area with attention to the details of budgets while exhibiting a strict cost discipline and financial performance.
- Manage and develop team cultivating a spirit of one team with shared goals and objectives.
- Select, motivate and retain high performing talent.
- Work with senior leaders to evolve culture and organizational behavior, elevating technology into a strategic partner.
- Act as the principal technology advisor to corporate organizations and a champion for identifying, leading and driving information technology transformation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or other relevant technology degrees or high school diploma or GED and 12 years of experience
- 10 years of Technology experience
- 10 years leading large, complex/critical technology projects
- 8 years of experience influencing strategy for large organizations
- 8 years of experience in developing and delivering presentations for senior and executive management
- 6 years managing others
- 1 year Financial Services Industry experience
- This position is not eligible for sponsorship. Must have indefinite employment authorization
8am to 5pm